Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Pics are below*

Super pissed because fall is my favorite time to ride. (Yes, I know it's still technically summer). Streets are as clean as they're going to be, and there's fewer bugs!!

Long story short:

• I was riding a wake-skate beside a boat, and fell. One of the boat's rope cleats dug into my arm as I fell.

• I got dragged behind the boat like a fish on a hook for a few seconds.

• Got dragged out of the water, into an ambulance. Hospital got me cleaned out and stitched up.
Can someone who has had nerve damage PLEASE give me advice? The docs said all my nerves are intact, but my palm is numb at the base. They said I really bruised everything up and swelling is going to cause nerve irritation... I'm really worried.

Has anyone had luck regaining sensation after injury? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And no, this is not a "cry for help". I'm not suicidal, and this wasn't self-inflicted. Hahaha

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I lost about 50% range of motion and 70% strength in one arm from a shoulder injury. The nerves near my rotator got pinched it may me feel real bad having an arm that kind of just hung there. The numbness and tingling were very strange for a few weeks but some physio and good drugs later everything is great.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

Reactions: ibbob50

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
when i had my first wreck, which totaled my first street bike, i woke up in the hospital and got 9 stitches in my knee. had a brace on for 2 weeks but for a few days, it was all numb. once i was allowed to start moving it again and i got circulation going, i was able to stretch it out and once again, i got sensation back in my system. but yeah, do what the docs say and if rehab has to happen, do it. take it easy and let your body heal. that's my best advice. good luck buddy :)

later

·
Registered
666 Posts
Dam lucky you didn't nick that artery. You can actually see it it looks like. I used to do some bmx. I'd have some minor (in comparison to yours) scrapes that would leave parts of my arm or leg numb. Your doctor is probably right. you will get feeling back. Its my understanding that nerves normally run close to bones and you didn't go quite that deep.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Get well soon man drugs and rehab will do wonders for sure stay positive as well that is an important ingredient in the scheme of healing up

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I lost about 50% range of motion and 70% strength in one arm from a shoulder injury. The nerves near my rotator got pinched it may me feel real bad having an arm that kind of just hung there. The numbness and tingling were very strange for a few weeks but some physio and good drugs later everything is great.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

i know that feeling!! fun times eh.. was it your dominant arm? im a righty and my right arm was useless for a while.

OP, i have a section of my palm that has had no feeling for about 13-15yrs i dont even notice it anymore, although sometimes when i ride for a long time it gets a weird feeling from the vibrations. or if ive been wrenching on trucks and using an impact gun for a while. other then stuff like that its not a problem. its only about the size of a dime.

·
Registered
673 Posts
And no, this is not a "cry for help". I'm not suicidal, and this wasn't self-inflicted. Hahaha
I believe you. You're supposed to cut up and down, not side to side anyway. HA!

Sh!t's gross bro. Hope ya heal up quick!

Oh, and if all of your nerves are still intact, they're probably just shocked which is why your palm is numb. You'll probably have full sensation back by the end of the month. Don't worry too much. Take it easy and try using you hand without causing yourself too much pain. Not moving it at all can lock you up and cause it to hurt even more in the end.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone who replied! I'm still really worried, but the advice helps a lot, believe me. Even just a little bit of positivity boosts my spirits!

Appreciate the help big time guys.

Mont Python.... hehehe

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Just get a cyborg arm. Lol j/k

sorry to hear that mate. unfortunately its a risk we take with our extreme hobbies. heal up soon

A

·
0 Posts
nerves take a long time to grow back... if i remember correctly it is something like a mm a day.... it can take years for feelings to come back... if they do... good luck man.. doesnt look that bad... and it is a good thing u didnt hit that main artery

1 - 13 of 13 Posts