Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've had my bike for almost a year, knew it had been treated rough at some point, but the more you take them apart the more you learn. I just got around to changeng my grips one of my last winter mods and found that the throttle sleeve had been crushed and a chunk fell once i took the grips off, i decided i could work with it and put it back together and put the new grips on.

Didn't work out so well, the barends are expandable so i found expanding them too much stops the thorttle from returning to zero., the grip was long covering the barend so i trimmed the end of the grip. otherwise the bar end wobbles pretty loose, this i believe is the reason for the slight vibration i've felt that on long rides put smy hand to sleep.

My guage cluster i found out early was ziptied on, and has sinc ebeen repaired i just need to order some screws for the new case. The only expanation for the damage besides the rash ont he stator cover that i just repaired, is that someone looped an endo and patech the bike up with new fairings and sold it. I'm the 4th owner so its hard telling when or where this ocurred.

Also after getting my HID in i started looking over the headlight housing and found at least 3 cracks, on both sides thelight housings aren't waterproof so i'm going to use epoxy for now.

so it's time to look for a new throttle peice and headlight. and possibly clutch cover (woodcraft?), i sand blasted it without removing the clutch cable barings didn't realize they were there. will probably just try and take them out and clean them.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got a throttle for $15, going to keep working on the barings, and the headlight, think i'm gonna run with it and epoxy for a while since i didn't have any problems thus far, i'll eventually buy an after market headlight and sell the other cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts