Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 06 cbr600rr with 11k miles and the only mods is flush mount signals and FE kit. just recently i was driving and my mph, tach, fuel guage, and temp went completely off. the only thing that works is the high beam light and signals.

now i searched all over the forums and didnt find anything like mine. i figured i blew a fuse, so i checked sure enough it blew and so i replaced it, however, the next day it was working fine for about half the day then went off again. so i traced back all the wires because i thought there might be a short but no shorts were found. replaced the fuse and it works fine for a while then out of the blue goes off again. its happened 3 times now. :banghead:

any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
If you keep blowing fuses then there's gotta be a short somewhere. I don't see how else you keep getting voltage spikes. Either that or something inside your cluster has been compromised and is causing the frequent fuse damage. You didn't swap your OEM battery for an aftermarket and put in a battery with a higher charge, did you? That will kill your fuses, too. But normally more than just one. I'd say check again for a short (you might have to splice into the protective heat shrink) and test your cluster for any irregular readings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it has the same battery. ya i was afraid of the cluster being the ultimate problem, but i'm going to run through all the wires one more time just in-case i missed something.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the same problem as well. i just got done wiring 4 led signals all the way around and purchased a motrax flasher relay and installed it the way another guy said to do it in another thread and now everytime i turn the ignition on the guage cluster fuse (10 amp) blows everytime. Its happened twice so i rode around all day today with no running light in the back and no clucter power. Im going to go back through all my wiring but i really dont think i wired anything worng....

·
Registered
72 Posts
figured it out, for everyone whos having this issue just check your wiring....i thought i had everything right and I was wrong ahahha ,,, stoned electrical work noty good ahahahah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts