Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I finally got my bike out of storage and up and running. I just took it out for a spin but when i turned it on i noticed non or the guages are working:banghead:. My RPM's armt moving, my fuel level isnt showing, and my speedometer isnt showing. All that is working is my clock and my turn signals(when engaged) and my high beam(when turned on). Is there something that could have gone wrong? heres the storage situation, while in storage had to recharge my battery(from playing with it). the auto place said it was dead but it took a charge so that was good. Later on(from changing lights) the battery died again, this second time the battery didnt charge at all over night. So i jumped it with a car. Ever since then it cranks on just fine and works fine, now that im fixin to start ridin it the gauges arnt working. Could it be cuz the battery is still sucky? Or something with wiring, fuse or something. Where can i look or do to get this fixed please! thanks

This is what it looks like when its on

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
This very thing happened to me, come to find out it was a blown fuse.. Pop open your ram air tube cover (left one) and check out your fuses... Hope that helps

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not sure bout that year but 03-06 shared same fuse link as 3rd eye. If thats same on your bike and your 3rd eye is out too its a fuse 4 sure

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah come to think about it my 3rd eye was out too so which fuse do i look at first to replace and is it a basic fuse or one of the weird fat ones that i have to get from honda? Thanks guy hope this is able to fix the problems with it and ill check it out today. Thanks and ill keep it posted if it is or isnt :)

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah come to think about it my 3rd eye was out too so which fuse do i look at first to replace and is it a basic fuse or one of the weird fat ones that i have to get from honda? Thanks guy hope this is able to fix the problems with it and ill check it out today. Thanks and ill keep it posted if it is or isnt :)
Open the fuse box, turn the cover over and look at the diagram on the inside.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it i was a fuse so it was a quick fix. But now theirs another issue with the fuse thing. I replaced it with a new fuse(10) and i rode it for maybe a block and it blew out again:banghead:. Checked it out again and the fuse was blown again:gun1:. Any one know why? Also would i be able to use a 20 fuse in there so it wont blow? Any advice? im not sure why it blew i was just riding it to get used to it again nothing special...:cursin:

D

·
0 Posts
NEVER put a higher rating fuse in to prevent a fuse from blowing. Fuses are designed as a weak point in the system so that they fail instead of the expensive components failing, causing more issues. You have a short circuit in the system somewhere that is causing that fuse to blow.

Have you messed with any of these things prior to this issue:
Brake light assembly. White/Black and Black/White wires.
Turn signal/horn cluster. White/Black wire.
Third eye, White/Black wire.

Could also be the gauge cluster, but I highly doubt it.
Even if you haven't messed with anything, these are places you should check for signs of damage to the connectors and wires.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wel i havnt messed with any wires but right now i dont have a taillight. I havnt put it on yet, could that make it blow? I had all fairings off while in storage and i put them on, but i dont recall sein any messed up wires and i didn't mess with them. But could it blow cuz i dont have a tail light or anything hooked to the tail light wirings?

D

·
0 Posts
You could, but they wont affect the gauge. Only the black/white and white/black wire listed above would.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I've read that jumping a bike with a car can mess something up but I forget what. Maybe thats whats causing your fuse to blow? Might want to look into it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Check your voltage regulator wires.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts