Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bike out on the roads for the first time since mid November yesterday. Damn I missed that. Told myself I was just gonna go around the neighborhood a bit. Yeah right. I stayed in my area for less than 5 minutes. Rode for about an hour and a half.

Its probably a good thing that I have the dark smoke shield on my Shoei now because I probably looked like an idiot. I was cruising around with a big **** eating grin on my face the whole time.

Of course, now its sposed to rain for like 10 days straight but it was still fun. Actually the rain will help clear off the roads so its all good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hear you on that. I got my bike out too, and it's great to see riders coming out of everywhere. I've been riding to 30 something miles to work everyday, and I've been lucky that the weather has been good... so I'm living it up!

·
Registered
161 Posts
You guys have to put your bikes away for a few months? What the heck, we never get below 50 for more than a day or two here. South Florida, the riding suck pretty bad, but we can ride all year.

·
Registered
504 Posts
well the pacific northwest is pretty random as far as weather goes. I've learned to ignore the weatherman as of late...lol. But that feeling of riding after not being able to for a bit is pretty darn awesome!

we got a dry/sunny break in the weather for one day last week. i don't think i've ever seen to many riders out on the roads all at once.

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
I'm planning on getting mine out on Saturday - it hasn't seen the roads since the weekend after Thanksgiving. First ride will be to get new Pilot Powers mounted. :burnout:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I been out all year including the winter. Sure it sucks to ride in 30 degree weather but I'm still on my bike. Now that its warm I can feel comfortable again and know I have good traction.

·
Registered
520 Posts
same here. i've only spent a few days off my bike these past 9 months. But i deff go out for long rides when the weather is nice. I also get that grin on my face on nice days, feels like im flying.

·
Registered
885 Posts
72 today here in PA, and im at college 100 miles away from my bike.....Boo.. But i think im gonna skip out early tomm and ride all weekend, friends getting his 675 tomm so we have to start the break in

·
Registered
345 Posts
I also got to ride!!! Man does it feel good to get back on that thing!! The first twist of the throttle is always the best because over the winter you forget just how F###ing quick these things are!!! I LOVE RIDING!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
We have been racing since Feb. down here. Of corse I broke my ankle the first weekend on the track. Our last race is in December.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I can ride year round here in SD, but I hadnt rode my bike in a couple weeks, damn it felt good this morning. Its like something comes over you and just just want to fly on that baby! I really had to hold back from cranking it on the freeway. I can't wait for my next trackday at Cali Speedway in a couple weeks!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
RR said:
I'm planning on getting mine out on Saturday - it hasn't seen the roads since the weekend after Thanksgiving. First ride will be to get new Pilot Powers mounted. :burnout:

hey RR ... nice avatar!!

DANE COOK ROCKS!!!

www.danecook.com

for those of you who dont know ....

·
Registered
604 Posts
kmf600 said:
You guys have to put your bikes away for a few months? What the heck, we never get below 50 for more than a day or two here. South Florida, the riding suck pretty bad, but we can ride all year.
yeah living where it snows sucks pretty bad. but it makes me appreciate riding that much more. i hope it rains a bit more to clear the streets of some of the sand.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
you think in california we would have great weather.
but here for northern/bay area california we just set a record for the most rain in march.....23 days of rain this ******* march..needless to say me/friends are pretty much pissed every day, and looks like its not stopping either and its almost april.

i pretty much given up on riding :/ this is the kind of weather u expect in bumfuck nowhere, but in cali come on now :/

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Disco when you said you can ride all year in SD I was like WTF. Then I saw you meant San Diego not South Dakota.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My bike use to be my online form of transportation, rain or shine I was riding that thing. Not envious of you people with snow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts