Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys moving up from my first bike k5 Sv650, clearly I wanna get into the cbr family, always loved them! Just wondering, how much would you pay for a 2004 CBR 600RR ONLY 800 Miles? It has never been dropped, and looks great. Is this a good year for the cbr's? and also what is a outstanding, good and alright deal on how much to pay for it. Whatever you guys say determines how I offer my cash. Thanks for any help guys!!! Looking forward to a sexy cbr.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
the best year for the cbr is the 07, its off the chain. the 03 is a good mamchine. the 06 is better. for the 03 i wouldnt pay ove 3k for it. you should save your maoney and get an 07, you can get them for 6-7k now days.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the best year for the cbr is the 07, its off the chain. the 03 is a good mamchine. the 06 is better. for the 03 i wouldnt pay ove 3k for it. you should save your maoney and get an 07, you can get them for 6-7k now days.
for sure 07 sounds great, but im looking to spend about 5k tops preferably mid 4,500 range. Single but still a college student and other stuff to buy haha... but is the 04 still a good year? I kinda like the idea of only 800 miles, less chance of someone jacking around on it.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
theyre all good years, some better than others. For an 04 with such little mileage, I say $4k is a good price.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so between 4ish to 45ish sounds about right? I just dont wanna rip myself off but also make a bad first offer that will piss off the owner

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
i just payed 3500 for an 04 with 11000 miles. bike is bone stock. so he may want more than 45 but the 04's right now are worth 4785 according to kbb and thats with an average of 11500 miles. but all the rr are good bikes i love my 04. good luck.

·
Registered
499 Posts
i just payed 3500 for an 04 with 11000 miles. bike is bone stock. so he may want more than 45 but the 04's right now are worth 4785 according to kbb and thats with an average of 11500 miles. but all the rr are good bikes i love my 04. good luck.
KBB is completely irrelevant, as it doesn't take market fluctuation into account.

Most important question: Why so few miles? Makes me wonder if this was a track bike.. in which cause I'd stay away from it. Let's assume it's not. Miles aren't everything to a bike. Unless for some reason this guy enjoyed working on a bike he never rode, you're still going to need to do a coolant flush, oil change, brake fluid flushes etc.. A lot of service intervals are time oriented, not just milesage oriented. How/where was the bike stored? What does the chain look like? Was he actively lubing a chain on a bike that was just sitting around? That's another 100-120 dollars just for a new chain if you need one. I'm always kind of weary of extremely under-mileage bikes. If anything I tend to "over-maintain" (is that even possible?) so most peoples maintenance schedules don't meet my expectations. Without looking at it, it is hard to say. Also, where are you located? As (with anything) location will determine price. I would offer him 4k for it. Sure the miles are low, but you're "sacrificing" a lot of advances that you could be enjoying if you opted for an 05/06 or the '07. Good luck getting an 07 for under 5k, but you could easily get an 05/06 for under 5k if you shopped around. I got my '06 for 4300.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KBB is completely irrelevant, as it doesn't take market fluctuation into account.

Most important question: Why so few miles? Makes me wonder if this was a track bike.. in which cause I'd stay away from it. Let's assume it's not. Miles aren't everything to a bike. Unless for some reason this guy enjoyed working on a bike he never rode, you're still going to need to do a coolant flush, oil change, brake fluid flushes etc.. A lot of service intervals are time oriented, not just milesage oriented. How/where was the bike stored? What does the chain look like? Was he actively lubing a chain on a bike that was just sitting around? That's another 100-120 dollars just for a new chain if you need one. I'm always kind of weary of extremely under-mileage bikes. If anything I tend to "over-maintain" (is that even possible?) so most peoples maintenance schedules don't meet my expectations. Without looking at it, it is hard to say. Also, where are you located? As (with anything) location will determine price. I would offer him 4k for it. Sure the miles are low, but you're "sacrificing" a lot of advances that you could be enjoying if you opted for an 05/06 or the '07. Good luck getting an 07 for under 5k, but you could easily get an 05/06 for under 5k if you shopped around. I got my '06 for 4300.
definately not a track bike. I haven't seen the bike yet but will probably Sunday. I think he just bought it and never found the time to ride or got into riding, just an impulse mistake. I will definitely look at the chain and such If I go see it. It was stored mostly in a garage. I have a mom and pop shop right by my house im pretty close to. They will prolly do all my flusing and junk for a good price and look the bike over. I live in ohio

·
Registered
991 Posts
If its any reference. I bought my 07' last year with only 1300 miles on it and it had been driveway dropped and scratched the stator cover ($60 fix). I bought it for $5200 in WA, so personally I wouldnt pay anywhere near that for a bike that is 3 years older. Maybe up to $4k if its perfect

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone else have on opinion? Im hearing mostly 4k?

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
4k is a fair price but i personally would try and lowball him down to at least 3500 and if he says no then go up by 250 to 3750 then if he says no do 4000 but i wouldnt pay more than that but its ur call i just bought my 07 a month ago its got 7300 miles (regeared) with a ARROW HRC slip on those rnt cheap i looked them up and just the slip on was 1700 but thats besides the point and my bike has a couple other small things.... i paid 5700 which to some thats high but im happy and i think it was a good deal...

just my two cents...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts