Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys check out this bike

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/3204133047.html

spoke with the guy and found out that the fairings are aftermarket.. so it could mean this bike was in a wreck and was repaired..

question is.. is it worth it to go for something like this ?

he is second owner....

I am pretty sure if I buy it.. I can re-sell it for 4k no problem ?

what do you guys think ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Like red_stig said, it depends on the title, but IMO that's a not a bad deal either way.

In my area, nice 07+ bikes with that kind of mileage are going for $6.5-8k all day. The salvage/rebuilt title bikes are all in the $5k range.

A friend of mine bought a clean title 2011 600rr with 11k miles for $4k so those deals are out there, he got it from his friend who was leaving for the army. (he had the bike for MAYBE a month and it's totaled now)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
That is a steal. Even if it's a salvage title, that bike would be sold over night if it were in California. If it's a clean title, you better buy that bike. If it is a salvage title offer him 500-1000 less and take it.

Also, double check to make sure the subframe is straight, and that the forks aren't leaking fluid.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If the Title is clean and you decide to not pick it up let me know i will go up and snatch that up! Im not gonna jump in and steal it out from under you tho

·
Registered
62 Posts
Check the title out first then check out the bike. 4k area is a steal as everyone said. I bought mine from a good friend that hooked me up for more then that with a few more miles lol..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was going to check it out but.. guy already sold it today...

I meant buy it for 4600 and ride it for a year or so and resell it for 4k..

you snooze you lose.. too bad I had to work and $hit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts