Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new here and so i was looking for a bike right?

well my budget is pretty limited right now so i am forced to cruze the 'repairable/damaged but still may be ok' market.

i found a bike close to me that looks good(few cosmetic things but overall ok.)

so i talk to the guy and he says he got it from a friend that owed him money (but he has the clear transferred title in hand)

he also says the bike doesnt run, everything electrical works but engine wont turn over.

so naturally i have to assume it will need a new engine right?
so how much will that cost me?

also if i do end up buying the bike how much do you think i should offer him for it? remember its everything minus a blown engine(i have to assume)

thanks guys

·
Registered
142 Posts
keep looking but don't buy a new bike if it's your first. Everyone drops their first bike and you would kick yourself in the arss :banghead: if you messed up your brand new ride.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
^^ agreed with the above, find a bike that runs and needs only minor maintenance...oil change, and liquids flush, etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this wouldnt be my first bike and i can do some minor wrenching myself but how much would you estimate rebuilding an engine would cost? would it be better to just replace it price wise?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
seems like alot of effort, and probable money in the end? I am sure there are sweet deals out there, especially using the barter or trade theory. I would look elsewhere, even if my funds were limited because there will be no cheap way to make this bike run, and drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts