Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CBR 600 RR & '99 CBR 600 F4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. A local scrotum tried to steal my bike and destroyed the ignition switch. Had to replace it. The new key came without a chip inside the key (although it had a slot for the chip). So my question is, which transponder chip is it?
There seems to be a lot of different: 4D61 4D62 4D63 ID40 ID44 ID46 ID47 ID48 ID13 TPX1 TPX4 KD4D 8A H ID4C ID4D ID46 KD4D KD46 KD48 4C 4D G.
Many of them seem to have the same physical size/shape, but they have different memory sizes / key lengths.
A part number or a picture of a loose chip (that is guaranteed to work with '05) would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
since original switch is useless, so is original key. Can you chop up original key to extract chip and install on new key?
Sadly it's not the question. First of all, I want to preserve the original (in case i loose the new one), and I want a few extras. Just in case.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You need to remove chip from your old key and fit it in the new key..Not very difficult..Your chip is paired to the ecu, it's not a matter of going and getting a new chip..You must use the old one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to remove chip from your old key and fit it in the new key..Not very difficult..Your chip is paired to the ecu, it's not a matter of going and getting a new chip..You must use the old one.
Thanks, but not the question. I want to buy more blank chips, to keep in case I loose the single one key I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts