Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am wondering if anyone has every heard of someone hacking the gauges on our bikes to reset the Odometer. I have a 600rr, I bought it wrecked and the gauges are gone. The guy I bought it from has pics of the bike when it was wrecked and you can clearly see that the gauges say 4500 miles on them but when I bought the bike they werent there! So I am looking around and Gauges are ridiculously overpriced. I was wondering if anyone has even heard of someone reseting the gauges. I am sure its just a matter of reflashing the chip that has the mileage written on it. Has anyone heard something about this?

thanks,
Jrc

·
Registered
497 Posts
i don't know anything about that. but, i wrecked my 08. and i ordered a new upper fairing stay, and air duct, and the guy through in the guage. if mine still works, and you need one, ill slide it to you for a decent price. let me know.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That info should be in the ecu so the guage being gone shouldn't matter.

I don't think the memory with mileage is easy to touch ( for obvious reasons)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured

I figured it was stored somewhere but I am wondering if anyone has done it before or if someone has attempted reseting the mileage. I am sure its not easy but for $300 I wouldnt mind hacking an ECU

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats correct

Yes that is correct, that is why you can buy gauges with different amount of mileages on them.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
majority of all manufactures mileage is stored in the gauges, like above you can send them to bluegauges to get it done but you have to sign a waiver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts