Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago i got a new 06 600rr and couldn't wait to ride that mofo everywhere. Long story short with all the hassels and headaches the DMV hurled at me I finally got my plates this morning (almost 2 weeks without real riding.) Anyways, my friend and I decide to go rape some twisties not to far away. After about 2-3 hours of fun time we head back to my friends house and say good bye. This was the first time i rode my bike for an extended period of time. After about 1 mile my bike shuts off while im going about 30 mph and i coast off the main road onto a side street. I turn the bike off and wait a bit then try to start it. All i could think about was how i mustve gotten screwed with a fuked up bike. After a couple of failed attempts i turn the bike off and wait. When i go to start it again the fuel pump or whatever that thing is sounds pretty retarded. I open the gas tank and there isnt a goddamn drop of fuel left. By the way my fuel gauge was showing three effin bars. Eventually my friend came with gas and i was on my way. Has this happened to any body else. Im just glad that it wasnt a serious problem and that i was stranded so close to help.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Never ran out of gas but my gauge is off by a little off though. Glad your bike wasn't really messed up.

·
Registered
8,880 Posts
yep its happend to me... about 6 months ago the gauge said i had 3 bars and wouldnt start... i was pissed when i finally discovered it didnt have any gas... just filled it back up and i never had a problem again...

lesson learned:never trust ur gauges...

·
Registered
594 Posts
possibly caused by splashes from hard riding. don't trust that fuel gauge. any one with motorcycle experience would tell you to reset the trip meter after every fill up. not only can u track ur fuel level, u can also calculate ur mpg every time up pump. i usually ride about 120 or so miles before i refuel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
silent89 that is great advice. Off topic but funny.
My girlfriend was at work talking to a girl about gas
prices and the girl said she only uses 93 because that's
the latest year. Smart girl?!?!?!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive definitely learned my lesson. Never again will i trust those god damn gauges and will reset the trip after every fill up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts