Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I had just finished smoking myself in the gym and I was loading up on my bike .. got all set and ready to rock ... stood the bike up with her running then shifted into gear ... bike stalls.... :bootyshak .. so then I'm like what the hell man? through her back into N and start her back up... again ... kick her into gear.. and she stalls again..:retard: I then realize that my kickstand is still down.. FML ..... lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
My cousin almost didn't but this 2001 Suzuki Bandit 600 from a guy because whenever he would put it into gear, it would croak. LOL. He was getting so pissed and the guy SWORE it has to be stuck clutch plates.

I gently reached down and flicked the kick stand up and that was that. LOL

·
Registered
114 Posts
On a completely unrelated note, but something that will make you feel better... about a month ago I was having a problem with the brake light staying on constantly on my GSX-R... (only when the key was on)

I checked the wiring at my front brake lever, all was well there... I grabbed my rear brake pedal and pumped it up and down a couple times, all was well there...then I started checking all the connectors and all seemed well.

Had the multimeter out doing test after test after test trying to trace this **** down. Couldn't find where the damn short was, so I went to Radio Shack and bought a few spools of different colors of wiring, some solder and some solder flux.

Spent about 5 hours rewiring the entire brake light system on the bike. Finished up, turn reconnect the battery, turn the key on, brake light is still blingin like a motherfucker. :banghead: WHAT THE HELL!!! I call up a buddy of mine who is a wiring genius, he comes over to the house to check it out.

A few days before I noticed the problem I had just got my rearsets powdercoated... when I put the brake switch for the rear brake back in the mounting position on the right rearset, it didn't seat all the way so the spring that pulls on the switch had the switch pulled out (on) constantly. He grabs the switch and seats it back in to the rearset where it's supposed to be and TADA, my friggin brake light shuts off.

I felt like such a freaking idiot... but hey, I brushed up my soldering skills quite well, and all the wiring is all new and pretty under their :crackup: :banghead:

S

·
0 Posts
I saw you. hahaha :haha:
j/k done that. Thankfully Iwas in my garage.heehee

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Keep trying to start it with the kill switch off. SMOOOOOOTH

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
my cb 450 doesnt have an autokill when trying to shift it into first. Also, if you accidently try to start it in first while its on the kickstand, she will start rolling ha.

·
Registered
104 Posts
first day i got my bike i stopped after about 20 miles to grab some food when i got back on the bike i tried to start it in gear with the kick stand down and nothing happened. i started to freak because i was like 50 miles from home with no one around to help me. took me like 5 min to figure out im a ree-ree lol

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
more times than I can remember

·
Registered
237 Posts
haha, i had an incident yesterday leaving Best Buy. I kept stalling out while pulling out of the parking lot...turns out the bike was in 5th or 6th gear...I'm pretty sure I left it in 1st lol So I'm thinking some random person wanted to have a little laugh or somehow I stayed in 5th gear parking the bike. I dunno...strange though. Why would some1 do that?

·
Registered
491 Posts
ya my Dad's 1977 CB750 lets you start it with the kickstand down. I actually drove off with it down then as soon as a did a turn I noticed something scraping the ground...:crackup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts