Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I messed up and went to fast for my abilities like an idiot on a turn and had a low side at ~30MPH. Luckily I am okay I had pretty decent gear on (other than my jeans) and only my knees are torn up pretty bad. Now I need to replace my fairings, rear brake pedal, front brake lever and my rear view mirror. Now I am a full time college student and I am broke as hell so I'm trying to do this as decently as possible for as cheap as possible and had a couple of questions.

1. I am 99% sure that my visor on my helmet only scraped the ground and I think it might be okay. Is there a way to send it out to HJC and have them look at it and give the seal of approval or should I just replace it. If I don't have to that is 150 saved right there.

2. Is ~700 the absolute cheapest I can get a decent set of fairings for. Those seem to be the cheapest "best" kit that I have found on these forums. (full gear cycle)

3. Should I wait to buy stuff since the season is ending really soon?

4. Where is the best place to buy my rear brake pedal/front brake lever/rear view mirror. I looked on E-bay but is there anywhere else I can get cheap decent ones?

Thanks for any help, I am lucky to be okay and hopefully won't make this mistake again.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
Here you go.
Brakes and other stuff.http://www.d2cycles.com/
Here's a thread from 1000rr.net on some fairings that I plan to get for my bike in Jan.
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53779
As for the helmet, I would go ahead and replace to be on the safe side or call HJC up and see if the check is free. You still have to think about shipping rates since you are on a budget. Good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi mate, sorry to hear about your off.

Can't really help with the other stuff, but regarding your lid, I'd get another one if it was me. I know you don't really want to hear that, but you can't put a price on safety, and who knows if the structural integrity has been compromised?

I don't know for sure, but I doubt whether there'd be any way for the helmet manufacturer to verify the lid is OK without it costing you $$$ anyway.

Good luck with getting sorted out.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Watch ebay and craigslist. My buddy dropped his R1 and got the side fairings, front fairing and tail fairing all for $150 + shipping of ebay (yes they are oem fairings of another R1). The local shop quoted him about a grand. We also look on craigslist and there are quite a few fairings with a slight scratch or something that are going for cheap

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Watch ebay and craigslist. My buddy dropped his R1 and got the side fairings, front fairing and tail fairing all for $150 + shipping of ebay (yes they are oem fairings of another R1). The local shop quoted him about a grand. We also look on craigslist and there are quite a few fairings with a slight scratch or something that are going for cheap
Thanks for the suggestion. I forgot to check craigst list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts