Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daayyummm! For those who don't believe that the RR can get tankslappers, think again!! I had a mother of a slapper today on a breakfast-run this morning! I was accelerating hard out of a dip at about 90mph when I went over a very rough patch of tar. Next thing I knew the bars where flapping, and it gradually got worse! I held on and tried to remember everything I'd read in that instant... not sure I got that right, but basically I just fed a little bit of gas and it sorted itself out. And I had to change my underwear!! NOT something I'd like to repeat!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
yea it's pretty scary man, i got one around 115 shifting into 6th, thank god i came out of it. nuff said i got my scotts asap bike feels way better

·
Registered
254 Posts
What's the best way to get out of one? I had a friend tell me to tap the rear brake, but I never think of it by the time the bike pulls itself out of it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It happens to you that often?!

I just rolled on the gas, which is meant to get the weight off the front wheel. Tapping the rear brake would do the same thing, I guess.

·
Registered
252 Posts
proze said:
It happens to you that often?!

I just rolled on the gas, which is meant to get the weight off the front wheel. Tapping the rear brake would do the same thing, I guess.
tapping the rear break wont help you. always get back on the gas. 25 years of racing motocross and 15 years of street riding and i never heard of using the rear break to stop a tankslapper. so becarefull next time it happens, remember...... throttle, throttle, throttle, the throttle is your friend. lol

glad to hear you made it out out of your tankslapper ok.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I get minor tankslap a lot. If I roll into the throttle in first, the front will just barely hover above the ground, and the wheel will start to wobble in the air. It's not bad, and it probably only happens 50% of the time I get on it in first. It comes down and corrects itself once I shift. It hasn't been doing it as much as of late.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I've gotten them at Thill coming out of turn 9. When you come over the hill and are on the gas hard you can get the front tire to come off the ground.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
stories like that give me the chills. I cant imagine going 100mph and having the bars start to move on me like that. I hope it doesnt happen...knock on wood. Glad to hear everyone made it out of those scary situations.

·
Registered
968 Posts
i had a tank slapper this weekend also. I was coming into a nice turn and was pretty low to the ground, start to accelerate as i was leaving the turn and hit a small batch of dirt which i never saw in the middle of the road... back lost traction started to slip out then regained traction and started to throw the bike then the handle bars start to slam back and forth. Luckly it hit only say 4 or so times and i road it out. My buddy behind me saw it all and said alot of dust/smoke was up in the air, guess it was just enough to messed up my great line.

i think its time for a Dammer eh?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
RRnelcheeze said:
if your getting tank slappers alot you should get the head on your bike checked. also does a dampner prevent or lower the chances of this happening? any one?
What? And yes, dampers are to prevent the bike from entering a slapper condition.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i had one a while ago - bumpy road, accel out of corner..not pretty, but i bet if i was on any other bike than the rr - i would've dumped it. paul, are you doing kyalami on the 20th aug? this time i'm dragging my lame assed friend on his r1 along...should be fun!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts