Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went up to MAM last thursday to take their track school. I was really impressed with the course and learned a lot. They showed us the lines we should take and then followed each of us and gave us pointers on what we should be doing differently. I would have been a lot slower if I wouldn't have taken that course! It was definitely worth the money!

In fact, it was so much fun that I went to my second track day yesterday. Going around the track is just the most incredible thing I have ever done. It was so awesome to go around those long sweepers and work on holding a smooth line! I couldn't stop riding out there - I rode about 250 miles on the track yesterday. I'm at work right now, and I've just been grinning all day. I am hooked! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Over the last year, I've met a lot of people that said they gave up street riding and only ride on the track. Now I understand. If I had to choose between the street and the track it would be the track all the way. It's going to be a long year eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so I can afford this new addiction....but I know it will be worth it!

The biggest shock for me were how the liter bikes were running. The magazines always rave about how they handle like 600's, but with the exception of the straights, they were slow. It was so easy to pass them in corners. Even though they were faster in the straights, by the time we got to it I was so far ahead of them that they never caught me. Maybe the riders weren't very good??? There was one guy on a TZ250 and another guy had a 125cc - I can't even imagine how well those things handle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's good to hear you had a good time. I've recently purchased an 05 RR and I'm really looking forward to saving some money up and doing a track day next year.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i know the feeling brother....i just had my first trackday event in homestead by STT (sportbiketracktime)...I am absolutely hooked and will be going to Moroso on OCt 1 to attend the race school.

Here's a pic and that picture is from my friend's mom, shes a great photographer.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts