Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday morning, it wasn't raining for the first time in seven days so I took the RR out to play for a while. I was going to a friends place in south side Elmira and took one of my favorite sections of road (State Rt. 427, Between Chemung and Wellsburg) It's about 7 miles and flows between a hill and a river. It has a few nice long sweepers and corner combos. On the way back, I couldn't just run it once. I got to chemung and decided to head back west. Ran it three times in a row and each time tried the corners a little bit faster than before and leaned a bit more.
Now to the point of this post !! I LOVE THIS BIKE !! What an adrenaline rush to push it a bit harder each pass. I was well within the limits of the bike, just trying to gain a bit more confidence each run. I finally pulled into the mini-mart in chemung and my hands were trembling. I LOVE IT!

Flame On, but you gotta push your limits when comfortable or you won't improve. There was nill traffic, I only saw one car per run. The corners had plenty of run off room if necessary. I had on Technik boots, FS Mach 2 jacket, gloves, helmet. I never realized how much I liked that road untill saturday.

I probably pissed off a few locals with that yoshi.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cbrkid11 said:
nice.. thats cool.. proper gear, proper conditions...

yeah.. NY is getting pounded with rain lately... it has rained for like the last 10 days here around where i live..
Yeah, this weather is reallllyyyy starting to piss me off, It's rained again about an hour ago, heavy enough to wash crap over the roads. I think it's 9 days in a row here now. Where is the warm weather too, what's this 70's crap

The funny thing is. I told all of the guys at work that it's going to rain every day this summer because I finally got my motorcycle endorcement. So you can blame me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts