Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Hairpins Or Sweepers...which do you prefer?

• Hairpin posted 20 ride 40+

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Sweeper posted 45 ride 90+

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah Yeah Yeah....we all want both.. but you only get to pick one :toothy2:

For me...I like the hairpins...hills and tight turns dropping into a switchback...yeehaw !!! :banger:

What about you?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love both but I LOVE big, long, fast sweepers... ahh such a great feeling leaning in a 140mph turn for a good ten or more seconds.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i do like both but after going through the black hills of south dakota i have to go with hairpins!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I like both. Sweepers are good because at the end of the day you can still ride them and have a good time. By 2 or 3 oclock when Ive been out since 8am Im exhausted and screwing up a hairpin can mean dumping the bike and that ends a good day badly. Hairpins are just a great challenge having to haul down from 55 to < 20.

i like the challenge of both, but I prefer sweepers because it takes less effort and less brain function to ride them all the time. I dont always want to be "on" when I ride.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I prefer the tight hairpin corners (on the street) for one main reason: safety. Going 35 mph through a 180 degree corner is much safer than going 110 leaning the bike way down through a sweeper. Low-siding at triple digit speeds on the streets is almost a guaranteed death. A low-side in a hairpin is maybe some bumps and bruises and some rashed plastics.

On the track, it doesn't matter. Give me the sweepers.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Everyones point on the high risk/death factor of sweepers is very true! But.... DAAAAYYUUM!! I LOVE the feeling of accelerating through the sweeping bend its such a rush!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gotta go with the sweepers. On the road the Cherohala Skyway is my utmost favorite road for that very reason. Just gotta keep myself in check b/c it's real easy to find yourself in triple digits runnin that road.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
ugh i hate switchbacks

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i usually like hairpins but every so often I go through a sweeper where the rear end gets loose, but under control, and it leaves a great big ol' smile on my face :lol:

·
Registered
639 Posts
+1 to hair pins on the street and sweeps at the track.

you can still have fun in hair pins with out it being sketchy fast.

but sweepers on the track are a lot of fun because it seems like you can always go a bit faster.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts