Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding yesterday and saw something kind of funny. Its been pretty hot here (mid 90s) and humid for the last few days. A guy pulled up next to me at a light in full-half gear. He had on a nice helmet, gloves, leather jacket with armor... then he had on shorts and flip flop type shoes. I have no idea what he was thinking, but I got a good laugh out of it.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Ive seen that before to. I saw a bunch of guys on sportbikes yesterday, not one of them had any gear on. I was not on my bike. I was in front of 2 other guys earlyier that day and out of all 3 of us I was the only one w/ any gear on.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hmr1 said:
So I was riding yesterday and saw something kind of funny. Its been pretty hot here (mid 90s) and humid for the last few days. A guy pulled up next to me at a light in full-half gear. He had on a nice helmet, gloves, leather jacket with armor... then he had on shorts and flip flop type shoes. I have no idea what he was thinking, but I got a good laugh out of it.

That might be the same guy I saw the other day in Mesa, AZ. LOL. Same setup.

·
Registered
164 Posts
yesterday at the beach i saw many people like that. don't know what that will help when they go down. apparently the lower half of their body is not as important as their top half. i also saw many guys with t-shirts and back protectors on. that seemed very protective too...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hmr1 said:
then he had on shorts and flip flop type shoes.
I always hear about the flip-flops and sandals but I thought it was just a joke, apparently it's not. How do you shift with the top of your foot hanging out? A few buddies of mine will rock some Adidas every now and then and the laces are all chewed up after two days...wouldn't that hurt your feet?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
on the way back from the beach last night, i saw a bunch of squids with tanks/tees and half helmets on the highway. its love bug season. i had bugs all over my faceshield and jacket. i couldnt help but point and laugh at them. i know i know i am horrible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey its better than what I saw today..I saw a guy on a ninja with no shirt on at all..just bare skin..jeans that had like huge holes all over, and low tennis shoes that looked like they were gonna fall off...I was like at least put a shirt on..I dont think he was impressing anybody..

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
yipperzz said:
yesterday at the beach i saw many people like that. don't know what that will help when they go down. apparently the lower half of their body is not as important as their top half. i also saw many guys with t-shirts and back protectors on. that seemed very protective too...
well, technically, the upper half houses all the major organs, so maybe thats their thinking.

dunno, ive had road rash, never want it again. fuking hurt to take a shower for two weeks, couldnt walk right for three. still got the scars, but missed out on the t-shirt.

it was 90 here and i still wore all my gear. as long as you keep moving then your fine. i guess im married, so i dont cruise at low speeds so all the super-hot college girlie sorority chicks can check out how cool i am. maybe (seriously) if i was trying to impress the ladies id consider goin squid. but thatd only be cause the little head was talking and the big one aint saying a damn thing back.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
My wife said she saw the same thing the other day. She asked me whats the point. I told her I have no clue.

·
Registered
136 Posts
to each his own? The only reason many people wear seat belts is because it's required by law. I know I never wore mine until I got that nifty little $25 ticket and I've worn it ever since. It's just how it is... if it isn't required, it's an inconvenience and many people just don't like dealing with inconveniences, no matter how great the POSSIBLE benefits may be.

I'll admit it, I ride in tennis shoes, shorts and a t-shirt all the time... when I'm going to the gym. I still wear gloves and a full helmet of course... I guess I figure I can live w/o skin on my legs and arms but I need my hands and head to do my job. I use my bike for commuting MUCH more than recreational riding. I don't have a car (my wife does though). The way I see it... if I had to wear a full jacket/pants/boots every time I rode I wouldn't ride. I do wear boots/jacket/jeans when I go for recreational rides, but on those rides I'm not toting a gym bag around either. And, I'm not riding in the "hate the lane splitter, bumper to bumper traffic" situations you big-city folks are dealing with every day either. If I'm not geared up, I'm just poking around town.

Also, I ride road bikes and it seems logical to me that if I'm going to speed down a hill on public streets riding a bike with 1" wide tires wearing a half helmet and spandex, reaching speeds greater than the maximum speed limit in town (40mph) then I can handle riding my motorcycle with a full face helmet and gloves, shorts/shirt on those same roads :) At least the motorcycle makes enough noise to get other drivers attention. I've had way closer calls on the road bike.

Like I said, to each his own.

Rock

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Beat this, and this is 100% true
I saw an older guy wearing a a half helmet, wife beater, flip flops and ... daisy dukes.
I almost threw up in my helmet.

·
Registered
787 Posts
i saw a guy with no shirt, a hat, short and flip flop riding his bike yesterday.....i guess he wanted to get a tan or something

·
Registered
264 Posts
I ride with what I can bear to wear. I live in south west Florida so it is hot pretty much year round. I always wear my helmet, gloves, and jeans though.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Well roadrash doesn't stop with skin. You will wear away the muscle, tendon, ligaments and bone too. You will have nice pretty hands with no muscles or tendons to make them move. Jeans wear through after about 6 inches of sliding. Skin wears off in way less time than that.

DamnRock said:
I'll admit it, I ride in tennis shoes, shorts and a t-shirt all the time... when I'm going to the gym. I still wear gloves and a full helmet of course... I guess I figure I can live w/o skin on my legs and arms but I need my hands and head to do my job.
Rock

·
Registered
729 Posts
I was riding and this guy in front of me wheelied the entire Platt Bridge in philly, only wearing a wife beater, no helmet, no gloves, and sneakers... the Bridge is at least 3/4 of a mile long and the road is not in the best shape and he was doing 100mph+... pretty nutty

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cbr600yea03 said:
I was riding and this guy in front of me wheelied the entire Platt Bridge in philly, only wearing a wife beater, no helmet, no gloves, and sneakers... the Bridge is at least 3/4 of a mile long and the road is not in the best shape and he was doing 100mph+... pretty nutty
Nutty isnt the word that came to mind for me. Id say thats just plain old stupid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts