Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for all of yous that have this system...

I installed my system and love it! But I see that most of you guys/girls have removed the OEM heat shields from the tail section and near the right rearset. I know it's a titanium system but it still produces heat and can melt things, so I'm assuming you put some heat reflective tape or such to those parts where the OEM ones went? I know it came with some in the package but that was applied to the belly pan. Lemme know.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
No, you don't need anything. I don't have a hama, I have a two brothers and I took every heat shield off my bike. I have had no problems with it. I know a lot of other people here have done the same thing.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I have not installed the tape YET. I am going to watch the area under the seat to see if there is an issue.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Oh yeah, I just installed the Hama over the weekend.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
heat shields are always good. i modified mine slightly, but i have a 2bros

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Dude, you're way over-thinking it, you don't need the heat shield...show off that sexy pipe!

IMHO the shield is there so some tart won't 'accidentally' burn himself and sue Honda, it does little to actually protect you from the heat. Lets see, aluminum heat shield...in fact I'd venture to say the increased air-flow to the midpipe is keeping things about as cool as before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts