Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my sig is the list of mods I have on my bike. I finally got it all tuned here in orlando at a shop called motorcycle clinic. The tuner is Brian Dady and wins the dynojet tune competition at daytona almost every year.
The tune cost $350 but he tunes the bike at 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100% throttle positions to make the bike ride like it came from the factory. I am very happy with the tune and I was unable to get a baseline done before all my modifications. From what I have seen power wise I think I didnt do too bad at all.
At jennings last weekend I really got to feel the difference in power delivery and corner exit acceleration. Before with just a slip on and untuned the 1000's could scrub the turns and give me problems on the straights. Now I can get on the power sooner without any hiccups and out drag some of them on the straights. Thanks everyone and maybe birdman will chime in with what he thinks even though he's and arata man.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
That looks pretty good to me (no expert). I hope my bike turns out similar (or better since I have a full Arata! j/k!) when I have it done in a couple of weeks.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
it looks smooth as hell. i suspect a tuner of his caliber could probably give u a higher maximum, but he obviously knows his crap.
rarely have a seen a curve that smooth

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah we talked about it and some only look at peak power but we both agreed that I needed the smooth torque curve over anything. Peak power doesnt really mean much to me I just wanted to crack the throttle at any position and have it smooth along with a fatty torque curve. Thanks for all the compliments guys. I couldnt be happier with my purchase. I just wish I had a before and after.

Let me go ahead and throw in a 100% throttle graph with torque and air fuel ratio because some of you might be interested in that value. When the tuner and I talked he explained how these bikes like to run lean from his experience (which is LOTS).

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
well, where is your stock baseline curve?

·
Registered
313 Posts
You don't need to compromise peak power or torque for midrange when tuning your PC. You can have both. That's the beauty of the PC. Your tuner should know that. Your graphs are also smoothed out to read better. Raw data is real jaggy.

If you started out with about 101 hp on that dyno I'd say you're on the high end of typical gains. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
hamaguchi... at the moment... IMO... best bang for the buck full system for the 600RR... and probably ALL BIKES... at our current INSANE DISCOUNT WEBSITE PRICES!!

order online if you want one... the PRICES are GOING TO GO UP UP UP!!

cheers... nick - mri

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
some headwork & cams will net you another 10hp for sure.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
That power curve looks smoothe as butter. I love when its almost flat, because theres no little bursts of power that can screw traction or comin out of a turn it kicks. Good tune job. I am guessin it probably sounds as good as it looks too :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts