Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know how to get rid of the right hand numbness from riding a while? i have asv shorty levers stock grip and barends. and i leave 2 fingers on the lever is there any mods that i can do to get rid of that?

·
Registered
443 Posts
you need to have some M.A.N. mang.

dont grip so tight. and get heavier barends, thicker softer grips too.
I got the same problem. I usually have to shake my hand and fingers to get rid of it.

Do heavier barends make a difference? What brand? I thought it was just from the weight of your body on the wrist that makes it numb.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are you riding with alot of your upper body weight on your wrist?? Thats a likely cause of numbness. Try focusing your weight more on your legs griping the tank, leaning back, etc... I have the tech spec tank pads on my tank that are AWESOME for longer rides where I can give my body several options of comfort. Dunno if this helps but its the only thing I can think of that would cause hand numbness

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
I got the same problem. I usually have to shake my hand and fingers to get rid of it.

Do heavier barends make a difference? What brand? I thought it was just from the weight of your body on the wrist that makes it numb.
yes they make a slight difference. motovation makes some heavier bar ends.

and yes, the weight of your body on your wrist is another factor for numbness.

yall need to stay light on the bars and use your legs to hold your weight.

i run woodcraft clip ons with no weight at all and dont have this numbness problem commuting and making long trips.
its all in your positioning and legs. practice gripping the tank with your thighs. it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
64 Posts
yes they make a slight difference. motovation makes some heavier bar ends.

and yes, the weight of your body on your wrist is another factor for numbness.

yall need to stay light on the bars and use your legs to hold your weight.

i run woodcraft clip ons with no weight at all and dont have this numbness problem commuting and making long trips.
its all in your positioning and legs. practice gripping the tank with your thighs. it makes a big difference.

Maybe I don't have proper riding position, but I found no matter how much I try to lean back and squeeze the tank, I still have some weight on my arms/hands. I am fairly tall (6'1") and have pretty long legs. I have found that my knees actually touch the mid fairings when riding.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
1.Move your a$$ all the way to the back of the seat.
2.Move your feet to where your tip of your foot is on the pegs.
3.Grip the tank with your knees.

Im tall 6'2" and this helps me.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Maybe I don't have proper riding position, but I found no matter how much I try to lean back and squeeze the tank, I still have some weight on my arms/hands. I am fairly tall (6'1") and have pretty long legs. I have found that my knees actually touch the mid fairings when riding.
youre gonna have to experiment with positioning. everyone is shaped and sized differently.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would think that the tall guys would not have this problem as longer your arms, the less numbness you will experience as there is less weight on the wrists. Of course the taller guys have a different set of problems such as cramped leg room.

·
Registered
139 Posts
On the bright side, when you're done riding, you can practice "the stranger" with your numb hand LOL.

In addition to the great suggestions above, I would also like to suggest stretching your hand/wrist, before riding and during breaks. The other thing is just saddle time. The more you ride, the stronger your wrists get and your hands get less numb.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep, I would bet it's body position. I went on an all day ride recently, and worked on the numb hand problem. First 2 hours it was going numb, then I worked at concentrating on taking weight off my hands, and by about the 3rd hour of riding, no probs with hands.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
anybody know how to get rid of the right hand numbness from riding a while? i have asv shorty levers stock grip and barends. and i leave 2 fingers on the lever is there any mods that i can do to get rid of that?
sounds like a great time to stop and rub one out, perfect stranger!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i know this thread is old but i had the same problem, my gloves were too tight. Try a longer ride minus the glove on the right hand and see if you have the same problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts