Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I received my handy stands after waiting 6 days (4 business days) and I'm very pleased. First off, the finish on the stands is great and more importantly they were 119 bucks shipped to my door. :D I've read stories about how people using the stands said they wobble too much, the front does wobble a bit but nothing to really worry about. (I tested the stability when I put the bike up on both stands and shook the **** out of the bike) For 120 bucks, I'm happy... Just thought I'd share......

[/list]

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a set of Handy and a set of Pitbull. The Pitbull is MUCH better and rock stable. However, the Handy is also a good stand considering the price it's a steal.

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
try heindl engineering... they have stands, it looks just like pitbull stands, but much cheaper, front and rear is comparable to just the rear pitbull stand.

so im gonna buy this thing as soon as i have money.

just thought id share.

http://www.heindlengineering.com/

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hmmm.... good stands. i like cheap, but i do believe you get what you pay for when buying new. i'll look into these.... ;-)

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Would someone mind taking a couple pics of their front stand. Mainly some close ups of where it goes into the holes on the bottom of the forks of the bike. I made a front stand for my bike but made these parts a little too long. If you could put a tape measure, or something next to it in the picture so I could get an accurate reading that would be REALLY great.
TIA

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I had handy stands and bought a PitBull rear pretty soon afterward.

Granted I was holding up an RC, but the stand was not quite stable enough when working on the bike. Good for lubing the chain and cleaning, but that was all I really trusted it for.

The front stand will chip. Unfortunately the paint on mine and several others just popped off over time.

I rate them good "for the money."

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
$100 bucks for two stands......I like mine. They've been stable enough for the mods I've performed. No problems with them at all. Good value.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I've used them for changing tires(front and back)several times, adjusting chain tension, lubing the chain, and just general maintaining...yeah the paint will chip on the part of the stand where metal rubs metal, on the tips that go into the holes under your forks, but that is hardly a flaw to me. it doesn't effect the way that the stands work at all.

Now with that being said, the front stand is nothing close to being as good as any triple tree stand. but then again, a triple tree stand isn't alway needed for all jobs. I wish that Handy would make a triple stand instead. i would pay extra for it in a heartbeat. to me handys are better than both LP and redline, but nothing beats a set of pitbull, but you pay almost triple for a set.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have owned a set of handy stands for about a year and a half. I am going to sell them this summer and get a set of pitbulls. They are a pretty good deal for the money, but I would really like to have the extra stability of the pitbulls. If you do buy them MAKE SURE TO GET THE SPOOL ATTACHMENTS. They suck if you don't use spools the swingarm will slide around on the little rubber pad.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts