Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question, how does everyone do this? I have some hangers with the clips but the clips aren't strong enough. Should I just get some heavy duty ones (if they are even made) or is there another trick to hanging pants I haven't thought of?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Lucky for you I work with a team of engineers, after calling a special meeting and contemplating for a few hours we came up with this idea. We feel pretty good about it.

Behold, we call it "Hanging All Not-light Gear Engineering Result"...some of the boys call it a H.A.N.G.E.R. for short.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lucky for you I work with a team of engineers, after calling a special meeting and contemplating for a few hours we came up with this idea. We feel pretty good about it.

Behold, we call it "The holder of heavy things"

What's even moar sad is this is the second time this exact question has been asked.

One of the resident jackasses is here. Welcome to my thread. If you don't like it, the back button is conveniently located at the upper left of your computer screen.

BTW, you must be a shitty engineer, because there is no way to hang thick leather pants on that thing unless you want to cram the legs through the opening and fold them where they can't vent. Brilliant!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ScootyScoot...I missed you.
I have no doubt.

Expensive but does the trick and lasts long. Here's a link to their site.
Yeah I came across those, not sure I wanna drop over $100 on two hangers. Nor do I need them to hold 150lbs of gear each, seems like extreme overkill. But I do appreciate you posting up the link. If nothing else fits the bill I guess those will have to do. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Lol at this thread.. dude a simple pvc pipe and some wire would work just fine or even 1x1's cut up or make a rack out of pvc pipe for 30 bucks for your helmit, pants, jacket, and suit..

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol at this thread.. dude a simple pvc pipe and some wire would work just fine or even 1x1's cut up or make a rack out of pvc pipe for 30 bucks for your helmit, pants, jacket, and suit..
The way I have my area setup it's not really conducive to that. Although I did consider it.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
The way I have my area setup it's not really conducive to that. Although I did consider it.

Nice Vortices.

My REV'IT! pants has two loops which I slot around the top of the hanger (hook) and it works well. Don't have a picture though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts