Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Great read. It really mirrors/applies to my situation. Except I don't travel to northern KY to ride, I just find the twisties close to Lexington. But same starting age on the bike, no experience on any other 2 wheeled vehicle. I only ever rode with another "experienced" friend once, all the other times I was with people who looked to me as the experienced one. But I felt a little more natural at riding than the author of the article seemed to be.

Track days are in my future, I just don't have the funds to travel 3+ hours to a track right now.

·
Registered
829 Posts
posting twice because of 666 post count.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What started out as a slow day snowballed into a cluster fvck. Now I get to ride home, in the dark, with a tinted visor along some unlit streets. FVCK! I'm considering welding a javelin on the front of my CBR to skewer any poor creature that gets in my way.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I like this guys approach personally. Sword > Javelin

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My ZX-14 is too fast for the track. Way too fast
I'll take that and up you an MTT Y2K!

Glad to hear you made it home in one piece. Any incidents along the way?
Pretty uneventful. What I'm most concerned is with using my high beams for extended periods of time. The solder joint in the kill switch housing likes to pop off from the heat produced by the extra load killing both my lights. Already had to crack it open and patch it up twice. If it happens again, I'm probably going to install a relay inline with that solder joint and run power to the headlights through that. At least that way I'll be running much less current through that sh!tty solder joint.

Edit: Or reroute headlight power through a master switch somewhere else and bypass the kill switch entirely. Not too sure how that would go with state safety inspection though.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great story. I'd been street riding for over 20 years (on many different bikes) before my first track day. I've since given up street riding, and am solely track. It's more fun and safer - how can you lose? (Plus, now that I've ridden in a safe environment - track - the unknowns of the street scare the crap out of me. I've lost that lovin feelin...)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ray bans to be exact.
Now, go out and get yourself some big black frames
With the glass so dark, they won't even know your name
And the choice is up to you 'cause they come in two classes
Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses

Got it. Now we know which way you swing. For sunglasses, at least....:walk:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts