Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cbr hit 16,000 miles today =), runs like a champ and never skips a beat! Almost sold it a while back as some of you may have seen my post on the for sale section but i realized i didn't want to have a payment on a brand new bike. I paid off my 2006 Mustang GT this past November that i bought new at age 18 and i paid cash for my bike. It feels great to just have full coverage on both my vehicles and no payments. Anyhow, i just was happy that its been such a perfect bike since day one!

Just wish i could enjoy it more today, instead i am stuck enjoying the beautiful Florida weather from my back porch while i do my Statistics for Health Care Research homework.

:cruising:

·
Registered
578 Posts
:fyou: from snowy Chicago.

But it's great to not have payments, I paid off my infiniti coupe which I purchased 2 years ago not long ago and my bikes are always paid with cash.

Only thing now to do besides ride and drive is pay the insurnane (which is pretty high for my car).

Ride safe man, enjoy it!

·
Registered
925 Posts
ah i cant wait to get my bike paid for. 2 more months (i bought it 'new' in July 11' but should have paid off by March)
should have the truck paid for by next summer.

weather in CO has been awesome. rode last night for an hour running some errands. the snow melt though makes for some bad splash back

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
nice! we had a little break in the weather too, got to ride this weekend. should have road it was raining when i left for work but is pretty nice now

oh btw hate you

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
:fyou: from COLD and snowy New York.

It was sooo cold last night my diesel truck wouldn't start this morning (-2.2°F)
That's weak !! We got - 20 up here. Ur nise will freeze, tears will fears . And nuts tuns to peas

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:fyou: from snowy Chicago.

But it's great to not have payments, I paid off my infiniti coupe which I purchased 2 years ago not long ago and my bikes are always paid with cash.

Only thing now to do besides ride and drive is pay the insurnane (which is pretty high for my car).

Ride safe man, enjoy it!
:crackup: yeah man it feels great, especially right now with my current job money is extremely tight- tightest it has ever been. If i had payments i would lose my vehicles lol. I feel you though, i don't know your age but I'm 23 and have a 2006 Mustang GT and 06 600rr both with full coverage. The bike is $122 a month with a 250 deductible and the car is $140.
:fyou: from COLD and snowy New York.

It was sooo cold last night my diesel truck wouldn't start this morning (-2.2°F)
lol that sucks bro! I was born up in NY (massapequa) but have lived down here 22 out of my 23 years of existence lol. My dads whole side of the family still lives up in NY. Love visiting!

ah i cant wait to get my bike paid for. 2 more months (i bought it 'new' in July 11' but should have paid off by March)
should have the truck paid for by next summer.

weather in CO has been awesome. rode last night for an hour running some errands. the snow melt though makes for some bad splash back
Damn that is awesome, it will be so nice to receive that title and know you own it and there are no more payments to the bank.

Good for you not getting stuck in the credit loop for vehicles.

But where is the pool???? ahhhh so jealous right now
Almost got sucked back in man, i went three days of not riding my cbr and i had just paid off my stang. I talked with my parents for advice and was going to sell both the bike n car for a fully loaded 2012 Mustang GT and make payments on it. Days later i hopped on my bike and ripped it, the thought of being without a bike made me laugh and i knew i couldn't do it.

nice! we had a little break in the weather too, got to ride this weekend. should have road it was raining when i left for work but is pretty nice now

oh btw hate you
:shakehand Rain i do not mind riding in at all, as long as it isn't a cold day and as long as i am not going TO school or TO work. On the way home, go ahead and pour on me lol.

:fyou: from Alaska
That's weak !! We got - 20 up here. Ur nise will freeze, tears will fears . And nuts tuns to peas
LOL What possessed you to live there!?!? :drunk:

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
economy up here is pretty good. ill be down to move to cali. but got to find me a good paying job down there first

·
Registered
578 Posts
:crackup: yeah man it feels great, especially right now with my current job money is extremely tight- tightest it has ever been. If i had payments i would lose my vehicles lol. I feel you though, i don't know your age but I'm 23 and have a 2006 Mustang GT and 06 600rr both with full coverage. The bike is $122 a month with a 250 deductible and the car is $140.

lol that sucks bro! I was born up in NY (massapequa) but have lived down here 22 out of my 23 years of existence lol. My dads whole side of the family still lives up in NY. Love visiting!

Damn that is awesome, it will be so nice to receive that title and know you own it and there are no more payments to the bank.

Almost got sucked back in man, i went three days of not riding my cbr and i had just paid off my stang. I talked with my parents for advice and was going to sell both the bike n car for a fully loaded 2012 Mustang GT and make payments on it. Days later i hopped on my bike and ripped it, the thought of being without a bike made me laugh and i knew i couldn't do it.

:shakehand Rain i do not mind riding in at all, as long as it isn't a cold day and as long as i am not going TO school or TO work. On the way home, go ahead and pour on me lol.

haha I grew up here man..

I'm 24, I drive a 06 fully built/modded infiniti g35 coupe. This is my 4th bike and I love it. I am looking to sell my car though in some due time, planning a purchasing a home with the lady so that take priority, and I've been out of the car game for a couple years now already, been in it my whole life.

I hate Chicago. That is all.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
economy up here is pretty good. ill be down to move to cali. but got to find me a good paying job down there first
Fair enough lol, our economy sucks..

haha I grew up here man..

I'm 24, I drive a 06 fully built/modded infiniti g35 coupe. This is my 4th bike and I love it. I am looking to sell my car though in some due time, planning a purchasing a home with the lady so that take priority, and I've been out of the car game for a couple years now already, been in it my whole life.

I hate Chicago. That is all.
I feel yah man, i used to be huge in the car game around here. Always racing, every wednesday at the 1/4 track and then street racing on saturday nights (when i was young and dumb with a v8 muscle car). Anyhow i no longer mod the car, hell i rarely drive it due to 13mpg. With the amount of driving i do daily, I go through so much money in gas. The bike is obviously faster and more fun, gets amazing gas mileage etc so that is my daily ever since i bought it!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^Yeah i guess i am pretty lucky lol.. I know nothing else but FL weather so i guess i take it for granted.. but summer here sucks **** for riding.. I will admit, for a good part of the summer i was squidding it up in a tank top, shorts and at times board shorts.. 100 degree days with high humidity sucks.. You have to be going like 80+mph to feel a breeze thats not hot.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ what about a mesh jacket ?
I mean yeah i could have bought one, but hell even a t shirt was too much for the heat. I wont ride like that nowdays b/c i saw what happened to a friend when he went down on his ducati.. but at the time i would have said **** that.

·
Registered
925 Posts
summers in CO get a bit hot too. i rode in a 90+degrees a couple days last summer.
we dont get humidity so its not as bad but still a sweaty pig.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
we had -8 the other morning here.....still no snow though :(

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
just looked at the forecast and its supposed to be in the 50's for the next few weeks :rocker:... I am starting to get worried about next summer.... last year it staid around 100-110 with 70-90% humidity.. sucked major DI**

1 - 20 of 21 Posts