Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Leaving your Pistol on your 600rr unattended?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section i am very new to this forum.
Is anyone aware of a bag like this?

Material must be hard to cut through
Must have lockable storage
Must be hard to remove from bike

I have been searching google and haven't found anything.

I am curious how those of you with your CCW leave your pistol with your bike? I will be commuting to work once i get a bike and i cannot bring my firearm inside the building. I take my pistol everywhere i can legally and will be upset if i can't find a damn good way to do it on the bike.

When I am riding i can just keep it in my shoulder holster under my jacket....

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.... Please lets not discuss why we should or should not carry a firearm.

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i found a few threads but were mostly filled with sarcastic bullsh*t

The more i think about it the less i want to leave my pistol on the bike unattended. I guess ill only carry it on me when i don't plan on going anywhere where i cant legally take it.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yea i found a few threads but were mostly filled with sarcastic bullsh*t

The more i think about it the less i want to leave my pistol on the bike unattended. I guess ill only carry it on me when i don't plan on going anywhere where i cant legally take it.
Probably the best idea considering how easy it is to steal the bike. If someone does lift it, you then have the second(and worse imho) worry about where your gun is and what it is being used for...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i suppose carrying to work on the bike is a negative, unless i can talk to my boss and possibly have it stored somewhere safe on the property.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yea i suppose carrying to work on the bike is a negative, unless i can talk to my boss and possibly have it stored somewhere safe on the property.
Show him the video in the wow!!!! thread and convince him it's for your own protection and in his best interest for you to stay alive.. :p

Posted with the motorcycle.com app on my Evo 4g.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now i am starting to think about an alarm system... The bike would be parked right out front of my office building which is only 1 story and in front of someones window so if the thing goes off they can clearly what is going on. Also in the neighborhood where i work i cant see anyone driving up and lifting my bike... I own a Glock 26. I know there isn't a lot of space in the passenger seat compartment but i think i may be able to modify that area a little and come up with a cable locking system. I would remove the mag clear the gun and lock it up. So if someone did get there hands on it at lease it wouldn't be shooting anyone right away. The only down side to this is having to fondle my glock in the parking lot in front of the HR ladies window. So yea i guess i am still undecided.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, how about this...

If I am driving to work i would have to leave it on the bike so what if i were to come up with a holster system on the bike i was thinking right under the windscreen. This would have to be somewhat hidden and very secure to the bike. It should have a locking mechanism to hold the pistol down in the holster when left unattended.

I could throw the pistol in there before i leave the house (unlocked and ready to grab) and once i get to work i can pop the mag out while its still in the holster (i don't carry one in the chamber) lock it and maybe cover it with something like a nylon bag so if someone were to walk by it you wouldn't see it what so ever.

I realize that is a stretch and i am not sure how much room is actually in this area looks pretty tight..
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26997&stc=1&d=1169665686

You then have the issue when you are riding and if its in the holster unlocked and you get in a wreck... I would think a sturdy thumb break on the holster would be a must. Again i would only be using it if i knew i was going somewhere that requires me to leave the pistol behind.

Just speaking my mind here...

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Why can't you just talk to the owner about allowing you to bring a safe to work where you can store it during work hours?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
With the potential of money you may spend trying to mod a compartment....you may just want to pick you up a smaller gun for riding. And then just throw it under the pass seat or possible even your toolbox under the fairing, although I dont think that lock on the toolbox is that great. Pretty sure a lil .22 revolver or something like that would fit under the seat though

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
the toolbox under the fairing would definitely NOT be a safe place to store a weapon... take a flathead screwdriver (or any other key for that matter) and try opening the toolbox. It will open right up. To the OP, good luck with trying to figure something out. My office is the same way and doesn't allow weapons inside the building

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only problem with storing it in a compartment like that is the fact that its hard to get to in a life threatening situation. I could carry it on my person until i got to work but dont want to be messing with my pistol in the parking lot for everyone to see.

As far as the safe thing goes ill have to talk with my boss about it. He knows i just got my permit and specifically told me to remember to leave it in my vehicle.

·
OG
3,350 Posts
I personally don't think that lying is appropriate for any situation...but, if you were in a circumstance where carrying was necessary, I believe your boss and the owner would likely be more sympathetic.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yea I was thinking of completely remodeling the toolbox because it seems like a good spot,easy to cover and the fact that it's behind the fairing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts