Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i bought some vortex sliders and im ready to put them on. . .the right side needs and allen wrench and the other a regular rachet which already had me confused. on the rachet side im turnin the thing as hard as i can and it turns a little but just stays tight. the other side have a clamp screw and i undo that. use as allen attachment and the bolt doesnt even budge.

anyone else have a hard time getting these off? am i doing something wrong?

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I had the same problem. I had to go out and get a longer bar for more leverage. Just keep trying, you'll get it. Did you remove the coolant reservoir?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
On the brake side, there is a nut on the other end of the engine bolt, you have to reach in there and hold the nut with an open end wrench. I didn't have the correct metric size handy but I think I made an 11/16" work. You also have to loosen the pinch bolt on the frame. The shift side should come right out like a regular bolt.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey man I had the same problem, that crap is tight as heck. It would turn a bt but remain tight just like yours. You just have to keep turning and turning and turning. Using a pipe or something else as a breaker bar helps a lot too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks guys, your all a big help. i kept tryin but it just felt like i was doing something wrong but ill give it another shot

·
Registered
83 Posts
the left, clutch side just takes some elbow greese and you will be ok. Having just done mine for the first time and having the same problem on the brake side, you really have to take the nut off the back first. Once its off, the allen bolt pretty much pops out. Seems like a tuff fit, but you can push the hose away a bit and easily get it with a regular box wrench....

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
those bolts are a PITA. fine threaded metric sombitches. i swear they have "to be continued' written on the bottom of the bolts. just keep on wrenching, the are long winded suckers.

oh yeah. + eleventy billion. the right side has a nut on the back, and loosen the pinch bolt first. :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts