Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
insurance company totalled out my bike and i want to buy it back. just curious how you guys went about it and how much they wanted. thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep, $7000 repair bill. State Farm gave me $6700 for my 03 w/ 6k on the clock. They charged me $1950 for it to keep as a salvage. A buddy wanted it for the track so I/he bought it back and I got the difference from the ins. co.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i pulled a 120mph wheelie in a school zone and looped it :(

:lol2:
i got hit by a truck on monday. there is a thread about it on here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You did a 120 mph wheelie........on a 600rr........in a school zone......your joking right?

JK ouch!!!!! Damn trucks?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mule-madness said:
luckydevil not so lucky this time... :(
slammed into a truck at 30mph and all i have is a sore shoulder. i consider that extremely lucky. ;-)

thanks for the replies guys. the insurance company was kind of weird when i asked them about buying the bike back today. they said that they couldn't personally sell it to me because they have a contract with a local salvage company. so i guess i will have to go through them. :???:

·
Registered
378 Posts
eleven said:
Yep, $7000 repair bill. State Farm gave me $6700 for my 03 w/ 6k on the clock. They charged me $1950 for it to keep as a salvage. A buddy wanted it for the track so I/he bought it back and I got the difference from the ins. co.
Very similar to my deal. State Farm gave me a buy back of $1,950 for my '03 F4i w/ 6.5k miles on it. Had I accepted it, I believe T&L would not have been included in my replacement payout.

EDIT: My repair bill was slightly north of 8k w/o labor - around 8.9k with labor to repair my F4i. I lowsided at the track.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
luckydevil said:
i pulled a 120mph wheelie in a school zone and looped it :(

:lol2:
i got hit by a truck on monday. there is a thread about it on here somewhere.

Hahahahahahahahahaha, good one...we both know it's true :squid:

I'm not sure, but I'm about in the same boat as you're in. I gotta find out how much they want buy-back cuz I have two guys looking to take the bike off my hands (I don't wanna deal with a cracked frame, I'm a puss...)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, I'm currently rebuilding my crashed bike.

My insurance debacle isn't over yet, but the bike is mine now, as I have technically paid for it. The insurers basically told me the current market value of the bike (£6200 - I paid £6999, so it's not too bad...), and then a salvage value for it - £319, so there was no doubt that I'd buy it back!

But it really depends on the insurance company - a friend had his Gixxer damaged by thieves, and so put in a claim - but he wasn't even offered to but his bike back, instead it was sold to a local bike dealer.

I guess that the system could be different across the pond, too...

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
My buddy wadded his aprilia mille last summer. i believe he was able to buy the bike back for around $1200.....try and negotiate the buy back price....you might be surprised how cheap you can get it for

·
Registered
661 Posts
Very similar to my deal. State Farm gave me a buy back of $1,950 for my '03 F4i w/ 6.5k miles on it. Had I accepted it, I believe T&L would not have been included in my replacement payout.

EDIT: My repair bill was slightly north of 8k w/o labor - around 8.9k with labor to repair my F4i. I lowsided at the track.

Wait.. wait wait... so State Farm will cover your bike if you wreck it at the track????????????

·
Registered
881 Posts
What's going on man? Squidding I see.

Let this be a lesson to all you squids out there. Even mature responsible riders get squid cramps in their brains.

Wait.. wait wait... so State Farm will cover your bike if you wreck it at the track????????????
or you can always say you lowsided in front of your house. :bitchslap:

:?: :?: All you State Farm wreckers - After you totalled your bikes, how much were you paying before, after the claim and at the next renewal?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Just went through this. My insurance company (Foremost) will not sell salvage back to the policy-holder at all. I asked about buying it and had the shop that did the estimate also ask about buying it. They wouldn't do it. Other insurance companies have different policies, I'm sure. They did good on the payback value, though - $7300 for a 2003 600RR with 14k miles.

There have been tons of insurance fraud cases involving bikes so I'm not surprised they don't want to sell the salvage back.

·
Registered
661 Posts
quote:

or you can always say you lowsided in front of your house.

All you State Farm wreckers - After you totalled your bikes, how much were you paying before, after the claim and at the next renewal?

dont you need a police report???????

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yeah, I bought mine back. about 9k of damage ( to restore back to show room cond) they gave me $7400 for it. I bought it back for 2k

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
RRdvark said:
Just went through this. My insurance company (Foremost) will not sell salvage back to the policy-holder at all. I asked about buying it and had the shop that did the estimate also ask about buying it. They wouldn't do it. Other insurance companies have different policies, I'm sure. They did good on the payback value, though - $7300 for a 2003 600RR with 14k miles.

There have been tons of insurance fraud cases involving bikes so I'm not surprised they don't want to sell the salvage back.
I have foremost insurance, i went down about 6months ago. They sold me my bike back. But, I had to have the title in my name. So i had to pay off my loan on the bike get the title in my name. then they let me buy back the bike from them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts