Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, so plz first off let me explain some first so i don't get :gun1: .

i was riding towards a up hill + shaped intersection. got into it still doing 40 and see its clear in front so i speed up to 60 and next thing i know is there was a nice sized dip before the street that happened to have the perfect angle for a jump right over it. (maybe 4 -5in up both wheels off the ground)

yes i know its crazy and stupid and you shouldn't jump at all and trust me i was not trying to, but anyone else have a jump in their past?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
lol yea i got one of those here in my city ive done it once or twice nothing to major though

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Doing 60 in a 50. Hit a set of train tracks that are raised up. Easily cleared the rails and carried on my way. Not a good idea. But it was fun at the time.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Doing 60 in a 50. Hit a set of train tracks that are raised up. Easily cleared the rails and carried on my way. Not a good idea. But it was fun at the time.
lol damn are you serious that must have been intense :banger:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Plenty of racing is done airborn. Isle of man TT has sections that you WILL be airborn at 180+. Id **** my pants tho.

·
Registered
361 Posts
If your going straight, whats the worst that could happen? Just realize that I will never try to do it, but i guess it happens.

The guy from Tron did it on purpose and while turning in front of a truck with his lights off and nothing happened. (insert sarcasm smiley)

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
We have a few routes that you can get airborne on, downhill and uphill.
I usually try to show some restraint in those areas, but peer pressure is a bitch :biggrin:

There is a spot here in town that I jumped with a passenger many moons ago...about 6 in up and 20 ft long....crazy youth.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
no prob as long as you don't bottom the suspension.

keep gas neutral to positive. (do not chop throttle!)

weight centerd and do not try when in middle of a turn.

totally ok.

try w/small dirtbike first is way better.

see IOM tt on youtube

they take it way serious there.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
lol damn are you serious that must have been intense :banger:
it was the only time i did it on purpose. i figured i could do it in my old truck when i was a teenager, why not on a bike as an adult LoL.

longwoods road near parry sound has a spot where your in a left curve and you feel the bike leave the ground, wasnt sure it actually happened till we did the road again and i was watching my buddies bike, leaned over it was weird.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Getting airborne really isn't that big of a deal, I used to do it on the speed bumps at school and there's one bump on the back roads I go on that I've progressively hit faster and faster until I got air. It's drops that scare the heck out of me. I've hit a few 4+" drops that if you bitch out you need new plastics or worse.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
I done it on purpose one day its a really good feeling kinda like the first time you jump a quad or bike

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
Plenty of racing is done airborn. Isle of man TT has sections that you WILL be airborn at 180+. Id **** my pants tho.
:+1: lots of unintentional wheelies, but no jumpies yet.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
^^ did he actually land that damn!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts