1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
646 Posts
I cut some for my cousins bike. He is a tall guy, and it made it more comfortable for him to ride. Keep in mind, it also moves the rearsets out (wider) whatever the thickness of the plates are.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've made a few sets, mostly just experimenting. I do have a few programs already written as well, and modifying them isn't all that involved. The critical thing is getting the bolt spacing just right, them copying them 1 inch back and 1 inch over. What year is your bike? I may have already finished that program. And 88 buck, WOW! Then again I think I may be spoiled having some nice equipment at my disposal.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Duh, let me finish reading your sig before I ask dumb questions. The 05 is the same as the 03, correct? Then yes, I have made these. Mine looked better, LOL, but I'm biased.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much do you sell them for??

my brother is amazing with the CAD and has everything to make it also, only problem is that he lives 10-12 hours away...and last time I sent him something and told him to take his time, i got my parts back 19 moths later..LMAO...

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm running about a week on custom parts. Not 88 buck! Although those are anodized with a silkscreen marking on it, which all factors into the price. Also I dont have to support the equipment with the bike and car parts I make, so it helps to keep the prices down. I'll put together price for ya, and PM it over.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have something similar to that. They're OES. 1" up, 1" back. I like them, makes riding more comfortable to me.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have something similar to that. They're OES. 1" up, 1" back. I like them, makes riding more comfortable to me.

what about the shifter and the brake?? did you need any modification or did it just take a little getting use to since they will be further out?

·
Registered
231 Posts
No modifications. The distance between the shifter side peg and the shifter does increase but I don't know by how much. I didn't get to measure it. If you have big feet then it shouldn't be a problem at all. I wear size 10 shoes but my SiDi's are a 43(9.5US) and they are perfect. I can shift without a problem. The brake side, it's just higher. All it takes is some getting used to. A ride around town should determine if you like them or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts