Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pay on average 175 -220 bucks a month for work related parking. (I work in downtown Providence, RI) parking is a biatch. Anyway There is a private underground parking garage for all the high executives in my building. I believe monthly parking is like 400 bucks a cage. My co-worker told me to give it a shot and just ask how much for a bike even though he's never seen one in there.

So I stroll down there this morning and ask Andy the garage manager and he says give me a second and walks into his office. He comes back out and says here's what I'm gonna do. This place is under new ownership but I'll put you in a space in the back. It's not really a space (yellow lines) so no cars will bother you and I won't charge you for it. If the new owners say something about it but I doubt it I'll just let you know if I have to charge you.

I got $400 dollar private parking for free!! Directly below my office no less!

The point of this pointless thread is how many of you have received any special perks since owning your bike.. let's here some stories.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I get Stopping Power.
oh man...that perk HAS to be the reason those fools die when they clearly shouldnt have. Holy $*%( that game boils my blood...

Only perk I get is courtesy of the gas station pumps... theyre very generous to me

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
I got specific "motorcycle parking" spots at school so even if I'm running late I dont have to worry about spending 20 minutes going around and around trying to find a spot

that, and bitches love when I walk across campus looking like a power ranger

·
Registered
378 Posts
At work I get to to pull my bike into the truck bay, some nice peace of mind

Oh, and cold blooded, so no one sees me coming.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I suppose I get the advantage of parking my bike right up on my patio at night.

I live on the ground floor in a condo, facing the parking lot - So I drive right up infront of my patio sliding doors and park on the concrete pad. The bike is literally 2 feet from my head when I'm in bed.

So, Piece of Mind is my perk.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I pay on average 175 -220 bucks a month for work related parking. (I work in downtown Providence, RI) parking is a biatch. Anyway There is a private underground parking garage for all the high executives in my building. I believe monthly parking is like 400 bucks a cage. My co-worker told me to give it a shot and just ask how much for a bike even though he's never seen one in there.

So I stroll down there this morning and ask Andy the garage manager and he says give me a second and walks into his office. He comes back out and says here's what I'm gonna do. This place is under new ownership but I'll put you in a space in the back. It's not really a space (yellow lines) so no cars will bother you and I won't charge you for it. If the new owners say something about it but I doubt it I'll just let you know if I have to charge you.

I got $400 dollar private parking for free!! Directly below my office no less!

The point of this pointless thread is how many of you have received any special perks since owning your bike.. let's here some stories.
Mine has to do with parking downtown as well! Its literally right across the street from my work. the parking lot is min. $8/0-3 hours $12/3-4 $15/4+ and they offer NO monthly passes. But they have a corner of the lot for bikes. Probably fit like 8 bikes in there. Its nice!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I get places faster... is that a perk? I also have the easiest parking ever at school and don't have to wait in the traffic jam when I leave

·
Registered
335 Posts
I miss southern california. There is special motorcycle parking everywhere. Even closer than the handicap parking usually.
But for now, I don't have to pay the 5 dollar daily parking that everyone else does at work. But they won't let us (motorcycles) park right up front anymore.... [email protected]@rds. But there is always another motorcycle parked somewhere close and you can just share a spot no mater what time of day :cruising:

·
Registered
158 Posts
1) When I drive my car, I sometimes have co-workers ask me for rides home after we close. I don't have to when I ride my bike.

2) School parking is better for 2wheelers because... obviously...

Meh... Nothing much for me yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
I got specific "motorcycle parking" spots at school so even if I'm running late I dont have to worry about spending 20 minutes going around and around trying to find a spot

that, and bitches love when I walk across campus looking like a power ranger

White Ranger to be specific.... :drunk:

I use Danger Close with my Arrrpeegee!... :gun1:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
no perks, but got the designated motorcycle parking all over my campus and its always next door to the classrooms, plus walking around with the helmet is always a plus for the ladies :)))

·
Registered
123 Posts
I get to park for free behind my apartment. Here in Brookline, you can't park on the street after 1 a.m. so that saves us $200 a month! Also, it's not hard to find free parking in Boston.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts