Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
try it and let us know, it doesn't look terrible to me, but then again i dont have much experience with aftermarket kits. i bought one from motofans club, and fitment was good until i got to the lowers lol. i had to drill some holes and what not, but i'm happy when you consider i spent 500.

there are a lot of after market fairing companies out there. i'm tempted to try one some of them in the spring.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I haven't heard of them. Out of all the aftermarket companies I've heard about the one I like the most is Delkevic.

I

·
0 Posts
I've seen the kits before but I haven't known anyone who bought it yet. Do you plan on painting them if you buy them? It may be cheaper just to get a painted set from Auctmarts or Motofans.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tyleronanrr: I know but fitment is my main priority as for now. I've heard a lot of aftermarket sets with fitment problem. This one has a couple of feedbacks on ebay saying that the fitment was great and almost perfect. Just wanna confirm about it.

SuperWario89: Yeah thats what I heard about lots of the aftermarket sets. I'm trying to avoid drilling as much as I can. Don't wanna risk my new fairings man haha

xHECKSHERx: How was the fitment for the Delkevic set?

infinate719: Have you bought a set from Auctmarts? I heard that there's a little problem with the front fender. Is it true? I was considering a set from Auctmarts too actually until I heard about the front fender.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Tyleronanrr: xHECKSHERx: How was the fitment for the Delkevic set?
I have never experienced the fairings myself. However, I have read a lot of good reviews about them. They are located in the US and they get their product shipped from China. My friend ordered a kit from Delkevic about 2 weeks ago, they should be in soon. I will give you input on a personal experience when helping my buddy install them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I checked out the feedback that people put down. Apparently they're happy?

super fast shipping!!!!!! product looks great! !!! thanks!!!!!! hondacrxsi210 ( 5 ) Nov-06-10 01:29
06 07 2006 2007 Honda CBR1000RR bodywork fairings (#150403620536) US $330.00 View Item

fast shipping very accuate ..!!!!!!! smileyvill112383 ( 30) Nov-09-10 13:57
03 04 Honda CBR600RR fairing bodywork 2003 2004 (#150423261316) US $130.00 View Item

Excellent seller, good communication. Slight issue, but worked out. Thanks ready4repair ( 47) Nov-09-10 09:48
05 06 Honda CBR600RR fairing bodywork 2005 2006 (#150423263313) US $130.00 View Item

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wonder how they make any money selling a complete fairing kit for $130. Maybe by charging $230 for shipping? Even 130+230=360 seems pretty low for any kind of quality.

I

·
0 Posts
Why don't you just email the people who left feedback on Ebay and ask them how they ended up fitting??? I've done it several times before buying certain parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
xHECKSHERx: Yeah do let me know. Appreciate it man!

checksix: They said the sets were made in China. But they do have warehouse in the states.

infinate719: Yup I already asked one of them but still didnt get any reply. Perhaps I should try and ask another buyer then

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, so the guy that bought this set of fairing from ebay finally responded to my message. Here's what he replied:

"hi the fairing are good quality plastic fitment is just like oem but they are very rigid so when you paint them you have to add flex the paint.so far as for heat resistance i assemble them on the bike and ran it several times no sign of melting or deform i bought some a time and they were **** the plastic cheap and poor paint job no heat shield and jus leaving them in a car lock up in the sun deformed them i have no pic of bike as yet and i haven't paint it as yet either but my friend drop it and damage the right mid section so thats the down side of the plastic the rigidness it broke a piece off but then again i don't know if that came from being in the weather cause actually i live in the caribbean so rain wet it sun come and dry it and thats since august when i assemble them on the bike planning to repair the broken flair and paint it for the christmas so will send u pic. again my kit was great don't know if u have the same bike so yours may differ my friend is planning to buy a kit from him so will let u know how his is"

Just wanna share in case anyone interested with the fairing. See ya.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
cbrfairings.com ftw...worth the money, comes with heat shielding and custom colors...check my sig.

later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts