Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a new to me vehicle and I want something that can transport my bike. I am looking at getting a Chevy Suburban anywhere from 02-04 has anyone tried putting a bike in the back?

I am sure it would fit, just not sure how close the clearance would be or how much of a PITA it would be to get it in and out of the SUV. I would get a truck but they are a little more expensive by a couple grand then I want to pay and I plan on taking trips outside of the midwest during the winter to go ride and don't want to have to rent/buy an enclosed trailer to keep the weather off the bike.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am looking at purchasing a new to me vehicle and I want something that can transport my bike. I am looking at getting a Chevy Suburban anywhere from 02-04 has anyone tried putting a bike in the back?

I am sure it would fit, just not sure how close the clearance would be or how much of a PITA it would be to get it in and out of the SUV. I would get a truck but they are a little more expensive by a couple grand then I want to pay and I plan on taking trips outside of the midwest during the winter to go ride and don't want to have to rent/buy an enclosed trailer to keep the weather off the bike.
Why not just rent something for like 25$ that day?

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I thought it was gonna be a bath salts thread.........

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Hahahahaha!

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
LOOOOOL!!!! :drunk:

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I seriously doubt a bike will fit in the back of a suburban, unless it was on its side. They barely fit in mini vans.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
This thread is officialy winning!!!!!

·
OG
3,350 Posts
It Just needs some extra cheese...

-----------------------

Cargo height of Aerostar = 48.1"
Cargo height of your suggested year 'Burban = 40.5"

Me thinks the maths fail.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Haaa haaa kenneth!!! You are okay in my book!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
wow, consider this thread monkay jacked LOL...

To the OP, as Kenneth said I'm pretty sure it won't work due to height clearance. You could always get an open trailer to save some $$$ but those are sketchy IMHO so...Silverado FTW!!! (At least you are smart enough to go Chevy).

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cargo van it up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

That's what my friend said but this will also be my main vehicle so I don't really care to drive around a cargo van all of the time lol.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You can buy a truck and put a camper shell on it. They make the taller ones that sort of bubble up above the cab. Then you'd have a truck if you ever needed it.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 18 of 18 Posts