Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm looking to pick up a set of stands for my bike, nothing really fancy/expensive. I'm going to start doing some of the basic maintenance and modifications myself, so I will need to find a pair...

I found these stands from a dealer locally for a pretty good price:

Parts Canada - Rear Stand

Parts Canada - Front Stand

Has anyone used these stands? Any opinions on them? If you don't think these are any good, could you recommend a better set for around the same price?

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Order some GPI stands, you won't regret it. It's like $140 for both front and rear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GPI-INDUSTRIES-Motorcycle-Sportbike-Sport-Bike-Stands_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a1Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem320362169217QQitemZ320362169217QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Or

http://www.gpiindustries.com/products.html

Factory blemish ones are just fine. I know a lot of people on this forum will vouch for them. They're not Pitbull, but they're high quality. They come with both swing arm and spool adapters for the rear stand.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i have these. they work fine. my first experience with stands. so far so good. and its affordable. fast shipment and good customer service.

Order some GPI stands, you won't regret it. It's like $140 for both front and rear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GPI-INDUSTRIES-Motorcycle-Sportbike-Sport-Bike-Stands_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a1Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem320362169217QQitemZ320362169217QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Or

http://www.gpiindustries.com/products.html

Factory blemish ones are just fine. I know a lot of people on this forum will vouch for them. They're not Pitbull, but they're high quality. They come with both swing arm and spool adapters for the rear stand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen the GPI stands online and also heard they were pretty decent... But after the conversion of currency to CAD and shipping cost to Canada, the stands I mentioned would save me about 100 bucks...

I may go with the GPI anyway, but if anyone has tried the Parts Canada stands from my original post, I would definitely like to hear what you think of them!

Thanks again

·
Registered
463 Posts
From what people have told me, you don't want to go cheap on your bike. Considering you'd save $100 I would be second guessing that as well. I haven't heard any horror stories about people's stands giving out, but I'm sure it can happen.

·
Registered
380 Posts
if you are just a average joe and you are not doing and serious $hit like jumping on and off of it then I dont care what anybody says any stand will work...I had Pitbulls and i now have the stand from harbor freight and i dont see much of a difference in the stability of the bike, just how easy the wheels roll is the only difference...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a couple of Parts Canada stands and have had no issues with them thus far. My front stand however is the type that lifts from the steering head. The bike just spent almost two weeks on the stands as I had my fork seals replaced and done some other maintenance. Everything worked out fine.

Identical to this except black:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
i have these. they work fine. my first experience with stands. so far so good. and its affordable. fast shipment and good customer service.
I fully agree. I also have these stands and have had no issues. Price was just right. Lets face it, your bike doesn't weigh 2000 LBS, these will do the job. I see no reason to spend more than that price on stands. Go for it!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
got a set at canadian tire on sale 70$ work great live to ride ride to live
I bought a set as well.... kept bending the bolts on the front stand, definately do not trust the front stand because of the design... so I bought the parts canada ones. Ended up using the front crappy tire stand for my quad. Perfect leverage to jack up one side at a time!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts