Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am riding home from work today. I come to a red light and I ride the line to the front. I stop between the 2 cars with my front tire in the crosswalk. The light turns green and the guy on my right floors it so I won't get in front of him. Obviously I could easily get in front of him, but I wasn't expecting it. It kind of pissed me off. What a D***! Anyone experience this? It's the first time this has happened to me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
cant lane split in WV but ive had my share of ppl either rev up when next to me at a red light or floor it when it turns green....i just shake my head and laugh, i dont condone street racing but from time to time i'll give it a quick take off then let off shortly after

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yes, that has happened to me many times before.... don't let it get into your head that you have to prove anything to random people

after all, you know u could burn most cars out there any day of the week........

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Glad to hear your okay slaps........

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
at least lane splitting is legal in ur state. wish it was here too, traffic is getting really bad.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Thank god for cali! Incidently the first time this happened to me it was a guy in a caravan with his fam in the car? WTF? That was also the first weelie I did on the bike cuz the lane went from 2-1 and I was already ahead but heard him punch it, looked over and saw him trying to get in front:tard:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I'm sure it will happen again and again. At least it's legal here to lane split. It has been freakin too hot to sit in traffic. I'll have to take the good with the bad. It still pissed me off though.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I'm sure it will happen again and again. At least it's legal here to lane split. It has been freakin too hot to sit in traffic. I'll have to take the good with the bad. It still pissed me off though.
You will have to get used to it. Just keep your cool and don't fall into that trap. They get mad because they feel we are doing something wrong and are cheating somehow....

·
Registered
543 Posts
i dont see what the big deal is...shouldnt be new that there are morons out there driving.
always keep focus so u dont get into trouble, and you should always expect the unexpected.

·
Politically Incorrect
124 Posts
at least lane splitting is legal in ur state. wish it was here too, traffic is getting really bad.
lane splitting is only legal on the freeways of 3 or more lanes... never on the local roads... and even then it is very subjective to the officers mood when he pulls you over for lane splitting to say whether or not it is illegal or not

·
Registered
197 Posts
Stopped at a light and had this guy in an impala blow by me, this was the virgin voyage for my bike so i had to test it out a bit, kicked it, blew by him and then let off on the trottle. Felt great!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
i get it everyday!!! especially at night when the ricers well wannabes come out. i also get a lot of revs from other cars, til i twist the jardine :) i dont bother racing them anymore, unless we are on the twisties somewhere. whats the point of yankin it on straights? ask my buddy LanCo Rider what he did lol raced a lambo in the twisties and kept up to get pictures with the dude!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts