Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a post a few minutes ago made me think on the wheelie thing... Let me first start by saying, for those that dont remember, I am a first time RR rider and first time biker in general... I know i know... shouldnt have done the RR...

At any rate... i have absolutely no desire to do a wheelie at this time. Not sure if i ever will. What I want to know is... how easy is it to do one? As I am still learning, I baby 1st gear as I honestly dont know where the threshold is. Is this something I really should be concerned with? Will the bike raise up that easy? I am starting to get more of a feel/thirst for quick acceleration but as I said I want to avoid the fore mentioned... so i shift quickly into second, and get the speed there...

lol... max speed still about 74 MPH.. heh.. and that was more then enough for now... sigh...

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
1st gear is the most fun man!!!! you can roll on full throttle and it wont come up...the bike is desgined for this. Just dont release and then crack the throttl cus then she will come up haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol.. yea I have been wanting to play more with first, i love that feel as it sorta throws you back... So I shouldnt have to worry as long as i dont just drop the throttle then? Sounds good, thanks man!

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah i am in same boat as you as far as new to biking and new to my RR. I got a little carried away with first gear. I ran it uptill about 11k let off then hit it again the front end came up fast and trew me off, still recovering will post pics soon.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol... and im back to being scared of first again....
Sorry to hear that man.... hope it wasnt too bad! How bad was the bike?
Did you lose your will to ride?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts