Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wal-Mart vs. TheMorons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart willsell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans� Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature

It is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the
poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion
a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

Folks, keep this circulating. It is very well stated. Maybe it will end up in the e-mails of some of our "duly elected' (they never read anything) and their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel.

AND

I know what's wrong. We have lost our minds to "Political Correctness" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!
We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????
In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey ..And now Pakistan ........previous home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries. Sad isn't it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think its going exactly how the men behind the curtain want it to go.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If the gov't salaries were based off how well they did (pretty much like Walmart) they would prob care. But with them their salary is the same, so all the corrupt thieves want to stack as much cash back before the economy takes a dump. And with FannieMae, I did work with them through an outsourcing contract with my old employer and had to go to their HQ for a month. You can tell how they went broke with their spending. Was even told a story that some years ago the CEO had a big meeting and told everyone he was tired of looking at POS cars in the garage and gave everyone 10k to buy a new one. You had guys there that made 150k a year and didn't do anything. Every employer there said once you start there that you'll never leave b/c they paid so good......IMO toooooo good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 237 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 77 years to get it right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 48 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the
poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 47 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 42 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 35 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
*Fixed

But theory is spot on...

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Interesting read indeed.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I definitely would not use Wal-mart as prime example. i get what you're saying and it's a good illustration but wal-mart works with the government to put a lot of other companies out of business. wal-mart's success is one that has resulted from big business, not free markets/capitalism. Crony capitalism at its best.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I definitely would not use Wal-mart as prime example. i get what you're saying and it's a good illustration but wal-mart works with the government to put a lot of other companies out of business. wal-mart's success is one that has resulted from big business, not free markets/capitalism. Crony capitalism at its best.
Ummm, You're wrong. The federal government hates walmart because the employees aren't unionized. The state and local governments hate walmart because their efficient distribution networks and low prices due to NOT BEING UNIONIZED make it hard to compete with.

HOW has Walmart worked with the government to put other companies out of business. By getting permission to open another efficient, cheap store?

WALMART IS true capitalism. They offer a service for a price that people are obviously willing to pay and that is why they shop there.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ummm, You're wrong. The federal government hates walmart because the employees aren't unionized. The state and local governments hate walmart because their efficient distribution networks and low prices due to NOT BEING UNIONIZED make it hard to compete with.

HOW has Walmart worked with the government to put other companies out of business. By getting permission to open another efficient, cheap store?

WALMART IS true capitalism. They offer a service for a price that people are obviously willing to pay and that is why they shop there.
wal mart is not true capitalism. if that is what you believe, you do not understand capitalism/free markets.

Wal mart lobbies the government to raise minimum wage. they do this to hurt their competition. anytime a company lobbies, its proof of a pluralist society, not free market/capitalism.

if wal mart was true capitalism, they wouldn't need "permission" from the government to open up shop anywhere.

why do you assume that the government automatically hates business that aren't unionized? that is absurd. how many big businesses is the gov't in bed with that don't have unions? to refute your statement, there are teachers unions. teachers work for the government. they unionize against the government...

I'm not sure where you learned about capitalism but you need to study more.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
wal mart is not true capitalism. if that is what you believe, you do not understand capitalism/free markets.

Wal mart lobbies the government to raise minimum wage. they do this to hurt their competition. anytime a company lobbies, its proof of a pluralist society, not free market/capitalism.
Wal-Mart does NOT lobby congress to raise minimum wage. Where the hell did you get that nonsense from? Large Unionized corporations do so because their members contracts are based on minimum wage. If it goes up, their members wages go up.

if wal mart was true capitalism, they wouldn't need "permission" from the government to open up shop anywhere.
You have got to be Kidding! There are so many local permits and approvals needed to open up a walmart it is unreal. It took Walmart over a year locally to get permission from the local town board to upgrade the current store to a super walmart. There are drainage run-off permits, sewage usage permits, taxes and fees, etc.

why do you assume that the government automatically hates business that aren't unionized? that is absurd. how many big businesses is the gov't in bed with that don't have unions? to refute your statement, there are teachers unions. teachers work for the government. they unionize against the government...
Almost EVERY government employee is unionized, that is why our taxes are so high. The average government worker makes 150% of non government employees. The governments LOVE unions because a large amount of their dues gets funneled back to the democrat party.

Boeing wanted to set up shop in the carolinas. A right to work state, in other words, the employees wouldn't have to unionize. The Department of Justice and the NLRB sued boeing to keep them from opening up shop there because the current Boeing unionized employees in washington state didn't want the competition.

I'm not sure where you learned about capitalism but you need to study more.
It sound like you learned about capitalism from a liberal professor or teacher with a bias against it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Wal-Mart does NOT lobby congress to raise minimum wage. Where the hell did you get that nonsense from? Large Unionized corporations do so because their members contracts are based on minimum wage. If it goes up, their members wages go up.

You have got to be Kidding! There are so many local permits and approvals needed to open up a walmart it is unreal. It took Walmart over a year locally to get permission from the local town board to upgrade the current store to a super walmart. There are drainage run-off permits, sewage usage permits, taxes and fees, etc.

Almost EVERY government employee is unionized, that is why our taxes are so high. The average government worker makes 150% of non government employees. The governments LOVE unions because a large amount of their dues gets funneled back to the democrat party.

Boeing wanted to set up shop in the carolinas. A right to work state, in other words, the employees wouldn't have to unionize. The Department of Justice and the NLRB sued boeing to keep them from opening up shop there because the current Boeing unionized employees in washington state didn't want the competition.

It sound like you learned about capitalism from a liberal professor or teacher with a bias against it.
i just edited everything i wrote to ask you one question. do you think raising minimum wage benefits workers?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Unions fight for the workers not the greedy corporations. Workers today would be in a lot of trouble if it weren't for unions.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
workers today would be a lot better off in a free market society where unions would be obsolete.
greedy corporations are not the result of capitalism, they are the result of extraction-ism and a protectionism state.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
i just edited everything i wrote to ask you one question. do you think raising minimum wage benefits workers?
In the long run, No. Raising minimum wage also raises prices for everything that they spend their money on. Or, if the business can't raise prices, they fire workers to limit that cost.

Minimum wage is designed as an entry level wage. If you go into work, out-perform your other fellow employees, you can demand a higher wage and likely get it if you have shown your worth and dedication.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts