Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,
so I have to choose between a 2009 600rr red/white/blue non abs for $7800 out the door
vs. a 2009 600rr black/red with ABS for $9800 out the door?
What do you think? I need to put the deposit on one tomorrow.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Get the ABS dude trust me. It is worth the extra. Like said above, if it saves your ass once it is all worth it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bah color shmolor. I didn't want a black bike. I had my heart set on orange, but its the same damn bike just has an ABS module and some kick ass brakes! The red/black is badass though!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you ever do trackdays? I really can't see a time I ever needed ABS on the street...

I think more importantly, do you think you can get 2k more at resale? I know I personally would go for the non ABS version in consider a few years when I may an 09 if yours was 2k more...

·
Registered
307 Posts
OK,
so I have to choose between a 2009 600rr red/white/blue non abs for $7800 out the door
vs. a 2009 600rr black/red with ABS for $9800 out the door?
What do you think? I need to put the deposit on one tomorrow.
The ABS model but get it for $8800. It should only be an extra grand for the ABS option.

I really can't see a time I ever needed ABS on the street...
That time when someone pulls out in front of you and you either (a) Grab a handful of front brake and go over the front or (b) Can't get it stopped in time on your own and still hit/tap them.

With ABS, you can grab all the front brake you want and it will not lock up the front tire on you, it will use a combination of the front and rear brake to stop you faster then you could w/o ABS.

I've got an 08 so no ABS option. My next bike will have ABS regardless.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I a Black/Silver 07 no ABS but, from what Billy Goat says ABS sounds like ABS is the ****. If it were me it would come down to what I could afford. If an extra 2K was in the budget then ABS. If dishing out an extra 2K wasn’t an option and I really wanted a bike then the choice would be obvious. I’ve had a few close calls where ABS would have benefited me but thankfully I was able to pull through.
As for Black/Red, have you seen chrisw’s bike? It’s awesome, made me want to buy a Red/Black kit. Take a scan through his thread via the link below and have a look at the pics. Should change the way you feel about the color.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=106405

That’s my 2 cents.:cruising:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Woah, $2000 price difference?

I have an ABS version and I love it compared to my old R6 - the only thing I have to compare to - but $2000 is a lot to dish out. Try to talk them down as theres no reason it should be that big of a difference. If it doesnt work, its ultimately your choice, but not everyone on here has ABS version (I do though).

Color is a weak factor to go off of also!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Get the non abs just in case if you want to track it.
Please...:roll: Maybe 1% of people on here are good enough that they are riding their 600's to the max of the bike's ability or where abs might be hindering them on the track.

If you are that good where you are worried about abs hindering your track performance, then you should be racing in AMA. Don't get ABS if you're going to track your bike, wtf.

I wish I had abs on my 600 that I also track once a month. There's been many oh sh*t moments coming really hot into a corner where I'm worried about grabbing too much front brake. Or just this past weekend when one of our guys (rides L2 and L3) in the second session (still learning the track) came into a corner way too hot, and did his first unintentional stoppie getting the bike to slow down. He was pretty rattled after that.

EDIT: One last story; 5/24/10 track day, beginner Level 1, second or third session. We're out there and they red flag our group to pit. We come around and they're a beautiful ducati laying smashed up at the end of the back straight away. What the hell, how did the guy toss his bike down the straight? Come to find out he passed a slower rider mid-straight, then before the end of the straight came up behind the back of another rider way too fast. Grabbed too much front brake and went over the front. At least he didn't take out the rider he came up behind, but his new expensive ducati was a mess.
High res pic:
http://i49.tinypic.com/1pf86o.jpg
Low res pic in the thread:

Before crash shot:

·
Registered
882 Posts
non-abs...if something's in the way just swerve before you brake. i never grab the front brake anyway...but that's just me.
has everybody forgotten the SWERVE BEFORE YOU BRAKE thing? or are we starting to suck at riding?
oh boy im gonna get flamed for this

·
Registered
63 Posts
Save the $2,000 and learn how to brake properly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think a lot depends on how you plan to ride. I have the ABS, but I commute in heavy traffic in a Dallas suburb daily, rain or shine. I love the ABS in that respect. It gives a lot of comfort knowing that I'm not gonna lock up the brakes on wet, slick roads. I would vote for the ABS if it's in the budget. If the $9800 is truly out the door (taxes, registration, etc....included) it's in line. Mine was $8500 before taxes. It comes down to budget and comfort level. Whichever you get, enjoy it and pile on the miles man, it's an awesome machine either way.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts