Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying something on Ebay. If I pay with PayPal and use my credit card to fund it, will I be able to dispute the charge if the transaction does not go through as expected? What are the chances of my credit card company not giving me my money back, or PayPal taking the money out of my checking acct.? Anyone have experience disputing charges?

·
Registered
919 Posts
You shouldnt have any prob. I have made many purchases and even sold my race bike on ebay with no probs so far that didnt get resolved. I had 2 deadbeat bidders on my bike but ebay refunded my listing fee's. You just have to be cautious.

L

·
0 Posts
LonelyRR said:
Screw that Money Order!!!!!! You can Also used Emocorp.com Better then Paypal. If you run into any problems. You can call them. As for paypal you can't
money orders are the FASTEST way to get ripped off and never see your money again.

use paypal and an escrow service. use a credit card for even more protection because you can refute the charges.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Paypal is great, also you can always dispute the charge with the person you purchased the item from. I use it all the time.

L

·
0 Posts
just remember that if you get any unsolicited emails from paypal or a paypal imitator delete them and do not reply to them. alot of people try to get your name and password that way.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, thanks for the advice. He was responding really quickly to my e-mails and I took some time to look at his feedback and made sure they were real transactions. I went ahead and paid his ass.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had to file a dispute on with one guy using paypal, as soon as i filed it, he sent the item. They say they if the guy doesnt respond to their emails, they can withdraw the money from his account that the money was deposited in. In most cases, they will send it or give you your money back, or paypal will take legal action. That scares most people. but i would still beware

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have never had any problems with paypal either.

·
Registered
704 Posts
ive used paypal for about 3-4 years aswell, got shafted by a SELLER once, but paypal was quick to fix the situation.

ive heard of a website called paypalsucks.com or something to that extent, its a bunch of people who have been ripped off somehow. im happy though, so I dont need to join :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts