Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend were riding me 08 cbr 600rr and him Kawasaki ZZR 600
we are riding down a st and we stop at a red light on a main intersection.
I get to the light first and sitting waiting for it to turn green and make a right turn. My Friend Apparently was riding behind me and he Locked up his rear brake and skidded on purpose i jumped out of my seat from the sound of Screeching tires i had no idea what it was a car or truck skidding ready to hit me but he was laughing his Ass off and i told him i didnt think it was that funny has anyone ever heard that sound behind them it is terrifying. Well at least it was no problems

·
Registered
543 Posts
yea i guess that could be scary but when im just sitting in traffic or a light, i am always looking to see if any1 is behind me or coming from behind so i there arent many surprises.

·
Registered
796 Posts
When I first started riding, two instances of target fixation. One was an oncoming car in a blind turn, one was at the inside curb of a turn which had a big crack.
I nearly went wide for both.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
+1. ^^^^ I usually keep looking at my mirrors if no one is behind me. And I stay in first. Depending on what kind of road it is, its better to run a red light (conditions permitting) to get out of the way if you think they don't see you or are not going to stop.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yep I have my mirrors adjusted so that I can see what's behind me in my left mirror while in riding position and my right mirror is aimed so that I can see behind me while sitting up (if i'm not in 1st gear) at a light.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I had a bit of a scare this weekend. I was running through Ortega with my brother, watching his technique, when he goes around a blind corner and all I hear is the scream of his tires and him over the chatterbox "whoa, whoa,whoa". The traffic had gone from 50+mph to dead stop RIGHT BEHIND the blind turn. He held it beautifully but I was to early in the turn to stay in the lane and slid into the opposing lane. Fortunately, there was no one coming but if I had seen a car coming, I was ready to let off the brakes and bail it completely across to the other side. That is a surprise that no one likes.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Watch your mirrors until a car is completely stopped behind you. once the car is there you can consider yourself fairly pretected from a rear end

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I'm never comfortable at a stop light.

I watch my mirrors until there is a car behind me. Even then, I'm not completely relaxed. Too many retards out there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was standing at a stop light two days ago, and a stopped car punched the gas, squeeled the tires less than 5 ft from me, and almost made me crap myself

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had a new rider actually lay his bike down all the way behind me and hit me running about 45 mph, i was dead stopped, that sound my friend is tires, plastic and metal scrapping across the ground and sucks on impact.lol

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
izuumi was he riding a gsxr? lol jkin... but i would crap my pants too...when im driving tho i always see motorcycles... i dont know how anyone could not....the thing i hate is when there is open space to change lanes, you put ur signal on and slowly change lanes when person behind u speeds up to take ur space and then the person in other lane guns it so u cant get in.... dam idiotic people...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Had the same type of incident the other day where a car coming from behind braked a little too hard while I was the first vehicle at the red light. Just as I looked in the mirror and seen that it appeared he wasn't stopping, I looked up to plan what to do and the light just so happened to turn green... Bike was already in gear and I booked across the intersection without incident... Pretty happy and coincidental.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i almost had to change my undies one time when i was first in line at a light, i heard screeching tires, then an ambulance flew by me. freaked me out.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Is this just for at a stop light or other times as well??
If not, I've made my butt pucker numerous times...any one that says they haven't is lieing.
^^ It's always from coming into corners too hot too damnit.
I have a habit of flashing my light a bunch before I start braking...Insurance for not having mirrors

·
Registered
164 Posts
last week for some reason it was really windy here in Houston. I was on a busy street and i was going maybe between 35-40 and this really strong gust of wind kicks up and blows me from the left side of the lane to the right.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
So far, no my CBR hasn't scared me and I'd like to keep it that way. Being scared is bad IMO.

Me and my friend were riding me 08 cbr 600rr and him Kawasaki ZZR 600
we are riding down a st and we stop at a red light on a main intersection.
I get to the light first and sitting waiting for it to turn green and make a right turn. My Friend Apparently was riding behind me and he Locked up his rear brake and skidded on purpose i jumped out of my seat from the sound of Screeching tires i had no idea what it was a car or truck skidding ready to hit me but he was laughing his Ass off and i told him i didnt think it was that funny has anyone ever heard that sound behind them it is terrifying. Well at least it was no problems
Sounds like someone I wouldn't be riding with.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got one.
Last season, newbie rider me, went for twisty run with my buddy. Needless to say he was long gone on his SV, and I was put putting my way through, nice and easy. Near the end of the run, there was a series of hills on teh road, like up and downers, where you temporarily lose sight of the road. Anyway he appeared in the horizon and i decided to pick up the pace. So i downshifted to second and gave it throttle slowly but surely and at about 12k, clutched, changed gears to third and punched it. NOW, it didn't really go into 3rd...so the front end went straight up in the air, and on top of that I was at the top of the little hill....i squirted a little shart...kept looking forward, even though it was blue skies, kept my eyes far down the road and slowly throttled off. I was happy to be alive. First wheelie was a doozy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts