Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i used to post on here quite a bit, and loved tearing it up on the RR, but I got new tires on her this year, and right after that I got a Ducati 999 for a steal with only 4500 miles on it, and I have pretty much been riding that every chance I get to ride, since I am working 50-60 hours a week and commute with my lady in one of our cars. We mainly take the cars since we take our dogs everywhere...

But now that I have the ADHD pointless info out of the way, my main point is, the RR is a better bike in just about every way. It is lighter, feels faster in every way other than a top or high gear roll on. It handles 1000x more consistently, with a more planted feel even on the hairiest roads and turns.

I even made a point of it to go push some backroads that I know like the back of my hand in cars and bikes, and take the Duc and the RR back to back. The RR pulls like mad through all of the gears you are in for backroads, with ridiculous revs and meaty powerband. The gearbox is miles ahead smoother. I seriously can't think of anything that the Ducati is better at then the RR other than "Pimp" factor. You say RR or CBR600RR, maybe even fireblade, not too many people know what it is. You say Ducati or 999 and everyone is like "oooh thats the Ferrari of bikes"

I call the 999 my GT bike, because it feels more like it is for freeway touring than backroads or the track. You twist your wrist, and you are hurtled through space on a sexy locomotive. It chugs a couple times no matter what gear, and then the torque launches you through space. That's about the only way I can describe the difference.

The RR feels like a surgeons scalpel with samurai speed, does exactly whatever input you tell it, it does. The 999 is a heavy beast, and even at 210lbs, the bike has an opinion on what it wants to do. The RR is almost like a pocketbike for me. But like I said, the RR just feels tighter, snappier, faster, easier to become one with.

So anyone out there thinking their 600RR is not enough, you aren't riding it right! They are just as fast as anything on the track, and on the street, it handles better than just about any sportbike. I used to work Yamaha/Kawasaki, but have always owned Hondas, and also have a Duc, but when I bleed Red, it's Honda, not Ducati Red. I even wanna paint the Duck black :) It is amazing how even after UPGRADING to a 999, the only thing it is better at is name recognition and people drooling at the name. The RR is even more comfortable 2up, which I NEVER thought I would say. Also, the RR headlamps are lightyears ahead of the 999. That bike outdrives its headlamps at 30mph. Time for HIDs...

Sorry for the long rant, just had to share my thoughts of how badass even the 2005 RR is comaperd to a bike of the same year, which was more than double the price.

I still ride the Duc more, but mainly because I want to put some miles on it before I sell it, and buy a motard and a cruiser with the $ from the Duc. Then I would have one of everything, and could go back to the Black, Grey, Gunmetal color scheme.

Most of the toys

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Anyone burning money on a Ducati is not someone I would call a showoff... I can think of a number of other ways to describe them... :bootyshak

Edit to add: I just received a text message from a man who called himself "Cliff". He states you are welcome to visit Amercian Honda corporate HQ anytime.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well if one of them is just sittin there collecting dust you could always give it to me to knock the cobwebs out... :toothy4:
Thats cool to hear that comparison. Honda ftw!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I never liked how the headlights and the front of a Ducati look. The RR defiantly haves a better front end.

·
Registered
530 Posts
id say sell the duc then, if your honda is better in ever way possible what is the point in owning an inferior bike thats actually wworth some nice bank.

or sell both and buy that new bmw bike, saw that thing in real life and oooooooooo boi. I must say they no matter what, ducatis sound saaaaweet

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The $3-4K cost of exhaust means my Duc is all stock. Bought it cash for a great deal. I just wanna put some miles on it, and sell it while it is still clean and low mileage and worth something. Only mod I will likely add is HIDs. I will never part with the RR, it is such a perfect feeling bike. And it's in the color scheme, a few nice mods.

And I wish Honda would hire me at corporate... They need life breathed back into the brand for cars. And a 450cc street legal motard.

My gf even works at a Honda dealer, has an 09 LX-S, my mom and sister both have accords, my sis rocks an 03 schoolbus yellow 600RR, and my dad has a Shadow and a 68 305cc scrambler, and an old 70cc scooter :) Converted so many people to Honda!

That BMW looks ridiculous, but I like it! Anything with 197hp and 2 wheels is stupid fast! And I work to be a slave to the toys. I will definitely have some fun with the grunt of the Duc, but my RR is my bottom b*@ch. One of my coworkers has a bone stock 05 600RR and hes around 50,000 miles on it and its still clean, with minimal service needs. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
man i was wondering what happened to you man i thought u might have crashed or something u used to be on here all the time, or maybe u went "off the grid" like u talked about once.. dude 600rr is a sick bike you cant beat its so light and easy to turn in..just amzing.. and personally i think it looks better then the duc too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I never liked how the headlights and the front of a Ducati look. The RR defiantly haves a better front end.
:+1: agreed, i prefer the way the rr front end over almost any other front ends.. the aprilia 125 is pretty nice also, but thats probably because it looks like the 03ish cbr front ends.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man i was wondering what happened to you man i thought u might have crashed or something u used to be on here all the time, or maybe u went "off the grid" like u talked about once.. dude 600rr is a sick bike you cant beat its so light and easy to turn in..just amzing.. and personally i think it looks better then the duc too.

I still wanna go off the grid... I just have been working too much. Like for the Holiday weekend I got 2 days off, that's my big weekend. Like tomorrow, I start work at 7:15 and will be off around 8:30PM, and have over an hour drive each way to work. We are premiering the V12 Vantage Carbon Black and the 24hour of Nurburgring touring car. I took both cars for a spin. AMAZING vehicles.

The sound on the touring car is amazing... no sound deadening, none of that BS, just V12 Bass!

But tomorrow we premiere it to a bunch of rich folk, and we have tuxedos and stuff all set, full on James Bond Style! I will be the only one who can actually pull off the Bond look tho!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts