Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends bike was stolen early this morning! Apparently he woke up to the sounds of a truck in his driveway picking his bike up and tossing it in the bed. He saw that it was an old blue silverado but it had no license plates and hes pretty much screwed!

My questions to you are:
1. Whats the benefit of stealing a bike? You cant sell it, you cant ride it, all you can do it strip it for parts and you wont nearly get what its actually worth.
2. How much could you possibly get for stripping an 04 600rr?
3. Would you be able to sell it overseas or mexico without a dmv record and it still be registered?
3. Why are people such assholes!?

PS: i dont know why everyone buys scorpio alarms. They are useless when people just pick up the bike and take it! Especially when they can just disarm it if they know how to disconnect "plug and play" install.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know man. that sucks. I feel bad too, bc i was going to crash last night and leave the bike im borrowing from my brother there! It would have gotten jacked too! FUCKERS! I HATE THEIVES! its not only that either! now my best riding buddy is out of a bike and still pays a bill on it!

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
they can make a few grand easy. body work mint is $1000+, engine is $1500+, strip the vin off of the frame, easy $500+ to a racer/stunter who doesn't care, wheels $400+, forks, swingarm everything else easy $800+

·
Registered
617 Posts
Even if they don't get a whole lot for parts, seeing how they got the bike for "free" it's all profit for them.

I always wonder about those ebay auctions where there will be 50 seperate auctions, each for some misc part. I'm always sceptical about those, figuring they could be parting out a hot bike.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
In this day and age its simple if they want it bad enough
they will do what ever it takes to steal it.
Back in 92 i had my brand new CBR F2 chained to a tree with
a thick chain these bitches could not cut the chain so they
cut the effin tree and no one saw anything .
To this day i still scratch my head WTF how could this happen
since then i always kept my bike in a storage unit now i live in a house
which is no gaurantee against theft god forbid

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
no one bro and just because i raised hell
in the complex i was asked to leave by the
end of the month which i did

·
Registered
507 Posts
I know that it wont make your friend feel any better, but just know that there is a special place in hell for those who steal bikes, if you have ever seen little nicky it involves pineapples

·
Registered
147 Posts
loaded gun by the door at all times.

some of us can't park our bikes anywhere but our front yard or driveway. I'm thinking of pouring concrete to my backyard just so I can drive it back there and park it as soon as I get a new bike

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nemesis said:
Here's my moto: Park your bike outside, expect the worst.
Yup

Don't leave it in plain sight and try to make it hard for the theives to steal

I have mine in a locked parking garage for residents only, and when i move back to school, it's going in my backyard......

Stealing a bike is well worth it, plenty of cars are stolen and shipped overseas, I'm sure the same is for bikes too.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The great thing about the 600RR (well my 03 at least) is I can fit a Kryptonite faggedaboudit chain through the frame, and chain it directly to a steel foundation poll in my gated residents only parking garage. I also have a full Scorpio alarm, so even if someone messes with it, I know about it before they can think about messing with the chain.

At work, its the same thing, I have another chain, and I loop it through the back tire, along with the alarm and closed circut television in an underground garage... Its going to take a lot to get my bike.

And when worst comes to worse... I have 100 deductable on theft.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I have covers for my bike at both home and work. Out of site, out of mind. If someone walks up to my covered bike, it will cherp at them before they can start to lift the cover.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i would be pissed if some one stole my bike...i don't know what i would do. probably cry myself to sleep 'till i got another one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not sure if this i true or not but i heard you can go buy a new frame from Honda because it comes with a new Vin #. Then swap frames with the stolen bike them register it at DMV.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts