Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got done installing my new Gilles rearsets for an 08. Well I cant seem to get the bike to shift right anymore. I don't know if this is related to me moving the peg so far back but I'm having a hard time shifting. My foot position feels relaxed, but it seems like I have to put way to much effort to get the gears to change. Did I do anything wrong? I've tried adjusting the tie rod to a few different angles but haven't found one that works. I'm a little stumped right now. I love the look of these so I hope there is nothing wrong. Any thoughts?
Oh, and I kept the standard shifting ( not reverse ) if that helps figure something out

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My gf took the damn camera, grrrr
I thought that but even by hand I can't get it to shift past 3rd. I sit on the bike and it just seems like its too much effort to shift. Like its sticking or something. I went for a short trip around the block and struggled just to get it to 3rd. My foot rest comfortably and the peg location is right on the pad of my riding boots, just doesn't shift like stock

G

·
Make sure the shifter rod is in right. I had the same problem with my stock rearsets when I switched it to GP shift. Pulled it out some and couldn't get it to shift easily. Pushed it back and all was well.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean on the splines? If that I thought that there was a notch for the screw to go into the splines so that it sits just right. Or the rod itself? I have the rod screwed in about halfway on both ends so I still have some play. I'll give that a shot right now though

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, that helped some, I adjusted the rod all the way in. I still don't have the smoothness like stock but at least I can get in to 4th now and I think it felt like 5th as well. I'm gonna go for another trip around the block. See of that helped. The only other thing I can think is moving the pegs a little closer.

G

·
If it helped some, just ride it a bit and shift as much as you can. It should slip back into a good position and shift fine.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure the shifter rod is in right. I had the same problem with my stock rearsets when I switched it to GP shift. Pulled it out some and couldn't get it to shift easily. Pushed it back and all was well.
Whew! All is well again, I kept adjusting that rod to try and look like the stock one and got nowhere. Then I thought it was the angle of the rod on the splines. Turned out I just needed to do as you said and adjust the rod all the way in. I'm think I'm just a little slow because I was frustrated trying to keep the brake switch on the right said but ended up just saying eff it. I always come on with the rears and the fronts at the same time anyways when I'm cruising. But anyways thanks D, sometimes you forget the simple stuff when you get frustrated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts