Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the deal, I just bought this bike recently and the owner had no keys for the bike which was really weird. So i just order another lock set from the dealership. The ignition and gas cap is all set all i have to do is swap the the parts. But for the compartment, I have no idea how to get into or even break it. I have already tried to use picks to try to get into it, but failed. Do you guys have an idea how to get in there or know a way to break the lock other than calling the locksmith cause he quoted like 100 bucks for it, which is ridiculous for it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Where I live thiers a company called abracadabra locksmith. They can open most locks. They will then make you a key. Not sure where you live but it would be worth the money. Once they do that then you can pop out some of the pins to make it so any key would open it (that way you dont have to carry two keys).

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Did you check to make sure the bike's not stolen? How did the previous owner start the bike? If everything is legit, did the previous owner have the key ID written down somewhere? You could take that ID to a dealer and have them cut you a new key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts