Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start this by O___o.

I just moved to Hawaii, brought my bike of coarse, however the state laws here are fierce. I came from VA. I did all the light mods when i got the bike a couple years ago.... and its ALL ILLEGAL. I'm trying to figure if i should try and snag someones stock stuff off ebay (not having a lot of luck) and keep an inspection bag (change it out for the inspections every year) or spend the money and try to make legal look tolerable. Anyone have any suggestions on some custom stuff?? Or maybe somewhere I can go on Oahu to get this done?

2008 CBR600RR with flush mounts that have to go back, and i have and integrated taillight above the exhaust. My plate right now... is literally in her the battery box.... obvi not gunna work out.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
if you want to take the time every year pulling stuff off and putting stock stuff on then reverse that procedure after yearly inspections more power to you, but I would assume that if at any time you get pulled over in between inspections you could possibly be ticketed for illegal mods, there is noting wrong with the way the bike looks stock but I understand wanting to have a more customized bike. If I were you I would just bite the bullet switch back to stock and just be happy to ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its a real pain in the ass i know. The best thing to do is just own a stock set up and every year spend an hour changing it all out.

Consider it yearly work.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would check the laws first. For all we know they might not even have motorcycles inspection just like here in jersey.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Some things are easier to swap than others, but everything should be plug and play nowadays. Just run something that takes a short while to switch out once a year.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Have you checked into the integrated mirrors. You should be able to get away with that since the GSXRs come with those stock. You still can probably keep the integrated tail light too and just add brackets in the back and post up some better looking blinkers that still stick out. I hope those ideas work because I am getting ready to move to Hawaii as well (this summer) and I plan on doing those things to mine. I will ask my cousin what he did to his or if he kept it stock while he was there. Please post the final verdict on what has to be done.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i know this is old but a lot of inspection places don't realize the laws have changed. Your best bet on Oahu is Skullys in Waipahu and the Honda dealership by airport.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts