Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As we are all fully aware of, the Honda cbr 600RR was built and designed to be the 'race replica' of Honda's stunning Moto-GP superbike, the RC211v...from which the 600rr 'stole' styling cues down to nearly every corner and cut...while there has been much speculation as to what the next generation 600rr will bring to the table, which is expected to be unveiled for the 2007 model year, Hayden's new 2006 RC211v could give us a good indication of what we may expect in regards to aesthetic design and fairing detail (that is, if Honda continues to design the RR in direct correlation to their moto-gp bike)

2005 RC211v with new paintjob

Nicky Hayden's *NEW* 2006 RC211v

again...

NEW 2006 BIKE...

the bike overall looks much smaller, and take close notice of the fairings, especially how drastically they curve around the front wheel...MUCH smaller and without those two sharp points that protrud out from the front fairing...definitely not as bulky as the 05 rc211v or our 05/06 600rr's...the tail of the bike also looks much smaller...look to at the front end of the 2006. it is a little bit different as you can see from the side pics...

taking a closer look it appears that there is a much 'bigger' opening in the front for air on Hayden's 2006 bike (first pic) from the Jerez race in comparison to Pedrosa's rc211v which is actually the 05 model...(only nicky is riding the 2006 rc211v right now)

Pedrosa's bike carries Honda's signature 'pointed nose' look while Hayden's has more of the look of a catfish...much larger intake...

and so..all of this to say: if honda sticks with it's rc211v design mold you may see many of these 'cues', such as the bigger opening in the front, smaller tail, smaller fairings taking away the 'bulky look' of the old model, and so on, make it to the production 2007 model...and for pete's sake...HOPEFULLY a 600rr repsol replica!...

anyways, just something to chew on...thought it was interesting...

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm not digging the whale shark mouth opening of the intake now. I'm sure it's much better functionality wise, but as far as styling, I hope they keep the more aggressive arrow shaped nose for the RR..... my .02

C

·
0 Posts
Great post Sete.. I see what you mean... 07 would look bad-ass as a catfish..

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Yeah, the diff between the 05 and the 06 is the intake...

The "two points" are the two air nostrils on the 05. The 06 has more of a shark mouth intake, like the M1 and the Ducs.

The angle of the 06 frame looks a little sharper than the 05, and the 06 swingarm looks a little slimmer and a little longer. Are the wheelbases different?

N

·
0 Posts
I eat catfish for lunch....hahaha

I don't like it. I highly doubt the '07 will look like that. Comestically speaking, those are minor changes, and for it to carry over or be implied that the '07 will look like that would be a joke. In addition, I wouldn't consider minor changes such as those as a "total revamped design".

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Nemesis said:
I eat catfish for lunch....hahaha

I don't like it. I highly doubt the '07 will look like that. Comestically speaking, those are minor changes, and for it to carry over or be implied that the '07 will look like that would be a joke. In addition, I wouldn't consider minor changes such as those as a "total revamped design".
The changes don't look all that minor to me.

It looks like a different frame and swingarm, at least. Then the motor mounts up differently to a different frame, etc etc. I could be wrong, but they look different to me.

N

·
0 Posts
Schwing said:
The changes don't look all that minor to me.

It looks like a different frame and swingarm, at least. Then the motor mounts up differently to a different frame, etc etc. I could be wrong, but they look different to me.
No, you're right about the changes on the RC211V, but what I meant was it's not that huge of a difference that Honda would carry it over to the '07 production and call it "Revamped".

All in all, I think Honda will stick with the original '03 RR design and just tweak it here and there like they have been doing. I don't foresee them totally redesigning the look of the RR. It's gained way too much attention and love for them to revamp it. And by redesigning the look, they're taking a chance of losing some customers. Again, I believe they'll just tweak the bike here and there like adding that catfish look.

Just my .02

·
Registered
860 Posts
I saw a pic of the 06 somewhere earlier today, and thought it was a Yamaha with the front nostril looking like it is. I hope Honda makes a bit more effort to add some edginess to the 600 in 07.

·
Registered
468 Posts
That catfish look reminds me a lot of how ugly older Kawasaki ZX's were. Those RAM air scoops were hideous. I tried to envision the RR headlights perched above that scoop and cosmetically it does not appeal.

The smaller tail section is cool but might cause problems with guys whose wives or girlfriends have bigger than life dairy aires.

Maybe the 07 will add another set of injectors that kick in at another RPM.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Nemesis said:
I wouldn't consider minor changes such as those as a "total revamped design".
What must be remembered though is that this bike, the new 2006 rc211v, was intended to arrive with much more hype and publicity than it has. Few actually know or realize that Honda even changed their GP bike for 2006 although with Honda Repsol coming off one of their worst and most embarrasing seasons in a long, long time (ie, Biaggi)...THIS bike was intended to be the answer to that...a brand new aesthetic design and fairings, all new frame, new clutch, new exhaust, new rearsets and the list goes on and on and on for this bike...
Nevertheless, it seems the reason for the lack of excitement over this bike came in the fact that young Hayden could not make up his mind whether he'd even ride the new 2006 bike at all, rather opting to remain with the 05 model this season. After only choosing the new bike a few weeks ago it has sort of snuck into the GP grid unnoticed...but rest assured, this bike comes with many changes and many revamped designs...

if Honda is going to boast in advertising that the 2007 600rr is a rc211v replica, it will be this bike they mold it after...for if we look closely we can see honda already leaning towards this with the design of the new 1000rr...

look how similar the side fairings design is, definitely not as bulky as the old 1000rr or the 05 rc211v, but now with a very 'swoopy' design...also, just like Hayden's rc211v, the new 1000rr has none of those pointy things, lol, or air nostrils as schwing so correctly put it.

also we see that the 1000rr doesn't carry the extrememly 'pointed nose' as did the old model and actually resembles Hayden's bike more than it would dani's 05...

only time will tell I guess...

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
With all the buzz the new redesigned bikes bikes are creating, everyone is anxiously awaiting Honda's new bike and they know this. Regardless of the likely engine and slipper clutch upgrades, I think if Honda sticks with minor cosmetic adjustments, people will be highly dissappointed.
I am confident in Honda's ability to create the latest and greatest machines and I am certain we can look forward to a hot new bike, WITHOUT an ugly catfish nose.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
.2 inches longer is a big difference.

I don't see the similarities in the last picture Sete posted. The angle of the mid fairing between the RC211V and the 1000RR is extremely different. The angle of the forks also looks dramatically different.

I'm not too worried about the 2007 roadbikes. We all know that this streetbike is a replica of the GP bike. We also know that GP technology filters down to the public and mass produced machines. Only time and spy shots will tell :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts