Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving do you turn your head, and look to the side for other vehicles like you do when your riding?

Just wondering my brother noticed I was doing that quick head check after I looked in my mirrors when I was driving with him yesterday. I just laughed and said it was just a good habit I picked up...

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Of course!!! that is why they call it a 'blind spot',, if you don't you are an idiot because if you dont you could hit another car or god forbid a bike..

Also it is a requirement to pass a driving test,, so for anyone who doesn't do the 'head check' it is a good habet that they have lost

plus you can't use your mirrors to see what is in your blind spot,,, head checks are a necessity

·
Registered
83 Posts
Exactly as v-tec said, yes of course I do, and so should everyone else!

Doesn't matter if you are driving a car, truck, bike, skidoo, moped, forklift, unicycle - you need to shoulder check!

·
Registered
532 Posts
hell yes in any vehicle. Car, bike, whatever
use your mirrors to but they dont always cover eveything there are blind spots
you gotta SMOG
Signal
Mirror
Over the shoulder
Go when safe

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sure Do....

·
Registered
52 Posts
If your mirrors are adjusted properly you won't have a blind spot. Mirrors are to see what's next to you, not behind you.

Most people adjust their mirrors to point behind them so they can watch for cops or people on the road behind them, creating a blind spot. Adjust your mirrors OUT not BACK and see what happens. Watch a car as it goes by and adjust again until you can always see what's beside you.

Cars are notorious for this, almost everyone has their side mirrors adjusted so half their mirror shows the side of their car and the other half is a white/yellow line and maybe 1/4th of the lane beside them. You should not be able to see the side of your car at all.

That said, I still do a quick glance just to be sure.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If your mirrors are adjusted properly you won't have a blind spot.
This is true in most cars. If you can see the ass end of your car in your side view mirrors, they are probably NOT adjusted properly.

Adjust it so a passing car moves from your rear view, to your side view, to your peripheral vision.

Most people aren't comfortable with this because they don't have a frame of reference in the side view. If someone else drives my truck and moves the mirrors it is a few days of adjusting and "head checks" before I am confident I have eliminated the blind spot again.

If you are looking over your shoulder you are missing what's in front of you. THAT scares ME.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts