Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN anyone find any proof that mass centralization, and having the engine farther forwards helps eliminate head shake? Thus not needing a steering damper?

·
Registered
351 Posts
matt89 said:
CAN anyone find any proof that mass centralization, and having the engine farther forwards helps eliminate head shake? Thus not needing a steering damper?
i think the proof is in the thought, due to the heavy front end the front wheel doesn't skip the ground as easily.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
steering dampeners also helps you in corners with wheel chatter on little bumps amongst other things - no matter where the weight is or where the engine is, a dampener will always help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I put a damper on after a tank slapper and I love the thing. We have some real bad roads around here and I feel a lot safer. Even though some people said not to get one I'm sure glad I did feels much more stable at high speeds as well. I got a scotts damper real nice you have a wide range of control.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Dampers will help you in certain situations, ape-like grips on the bars when leaned, going through bumps mid-corner and aggressive on the throttle, putting the front down after a wheelie and the front is not straight, exiting a corner pretty aggressively. See most of these things can be cured by being smooth on the throttle and as the 600cc bike is forgiving. On a literbike however with gobs of torque I would say a damper is definitely necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts