Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious to see if you guys ever experince you head wobbling at high speeds. I say a helmet that had some kind of little wing on the bask that was supposed to stop that. Wondering if that was true and who makes that help met.

Note: When I say high speeds I mean 80-90mph. Nothing to wreckless. :lol2:

·
Registered
932 Posts
My arai (RR) has a wing/ledge on the back. I don't get head wobbles but I'm not sure if that has to do with the little wing thingy or just the over-all shape of the helmet. I've actually never experienced head wobbles so either I have a big, fat, head or have just been luck over the years with helmet choice (only ever had shoei's and arai). :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
cbrkid11 said:
never had any head wobble...

just dont turn your head sideways at any "high" speeds... its almost like hitting a brick wall...(figure of speech)
yes that happened to me

V

·
0 Posts
Troy Lee Designs makes those little speed wing things for the helmets. I dont get any head wobble though at those speeds.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Must just be me or my cheap helmet that they gave me when i bought the bike. Its a Nolan somthing. I cannnot remember the model.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Shoei RF-1000 has that wing in the back and it does solve the head wobble, I had an HJC freebie helmet that they threw in with the bike that used to wobble like crazy anywhere above 60mph.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had a Shoei that did that after the cheek pads lost their fullness. I'd try a different helmet that fits snug. Go to a shop or shops that carry Shoei, Arai, Suomy, and maybe AGV lids and try them on for the best fit. Don't go cheap on your helmet!

·
Registered
53 Posts
i was going 95 and i looked up for a second cuz a bird had distracted me....my visor wasnt all the way down cuz i was trying to let some air in..needless to say..my visor flew off.....big newbie mistake.......as i ride everyday....i learn. but most of all..i'm learning to be safe and alert. I don't think i'll ever let down on the throttle like that again. the high way was empty and i only did it for a second....but of course..sometthing bad had to happen(my visor).

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have an HJC and i notice this wobble with speeds above 100mph. I asked around and so far the only thing that i've come up with is that the helmet is too big! (Dumb dealer just wanted me to get the hell outta there so they stiff me with a huge lid) Look in the mirror with the helmet on, if you can see you mouth (Which your not supposed to), then it's too big, and that's what's causing your head to wobble. My only solution (besides getting a new one) is wear a bandana under the lid or get one of those skull caps. Plus, DO NOT turn your head away, always look the direction your going.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've never had an AGV. A couple friends really like them. Just make sure it fits properly and doesn't cause any pain on your forehaed or temples etc.

C

·
0 Posts
Spend around $400 on a nice light helmet and do some Yoga to prevent head wobbles ;-)

V

·
0 Posts
Look into the KBC euro Vr1's. Only $152 shipped at helmetharbor.com They have been compared with Arais.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Headwobble isnt that what you do when your done takin a leak....ive always called it the follow up jingle...LOL JK i had that problem with my HJC helmet. Switched to and Arai and its such a dramatic improvement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts