Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I've tried searching and didnt exactly find the answer I was looking for. I dont know a lot about headers but am trying to get some info.

I have a Leo Vince SBK slip-on and am thinking about getting new headers and I have noticed there are several brands that offer them...I guess my main question is, will any of these brands work with the Leo slip on? Do certain brands offer things that the others dont? Just kinda confused about the whole concept.

I am also looking in to getting a PCV and Auto-tune, which brands of headers come with an O2 sensor or a spot for one to be put in?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
^^^ this, arrow is where it's at.

When it comes to headers and choosing the best brand, keep an eye out for what they weight. In this case, lighter stainless steel is going to be better :D

Most headers will provide over your current stock headers:

*More horsepower and torque
*Improved fuel economy
*Amplified exhaust tone
*Reduced weight
*Lower engine compartment temperatures
*Daring looks

But they are a tad $$$, however as it looks like your willing to splash out and if it's for performance reasons, I would def get them :)

·
Registered
5,599 Posts

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

The full systems from most makers do NOT follow the OEM routing path perfectly, which means you cannot mate all headers to all slipons, not even from the same company.

For example: A full Leo Vince exhaust separates at the same place that all the others do, but location of the junction is not exactly where the OEM junction was located, so you cannot use Leo Vince headers with a Leo Vince slipon, where the slipon is expecting to mate with the OEM junction. (but it does work with the LV slipon that came with the full system, as they are a 'set')

The exception is Arrow, which designed their headers to mate to OEM, so any slipon can then connect to Arrow headers.

edit: and of course then you would need a Bazzaz or PC and a tune, as you would be missing your EGCV. Also, this won't make a different to street riding at all and won't gain you as much power as a gearing change

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
"Most headers will provide over your current stock headers:"

not sure I agree with all these -

*More horsepower and torque - more horsepower, less torque (power curve will be moved higher after tune)
*Improved fuel economy - nope, more power equals less fuel
*Amplified exhaust tone - probably
*Reduced weight - yes
*Lower engine compartment temperatures - maybe but I doubt it
*Daring looks- sure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts